SLOAN - Completely underrated band

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Got off work early this afternoon, and since there's no roommates around I've been blasting my stereo. Had the playlist on random, when it came to Sloan. I've been a fan for years and years, but I haven't been playing their stuff lately.

What a mistake; this band is so underrated.

I spied the band's official site and discovered they're releasing a new album on August 19th, with a single to hit airwaves in early July.

If you love the band, revisit their albums, if you've never heard of this brilliant rock quartet, here are my favourite tracks (in no order):

• Coax Me
    Everything You've Done Wrong
    G Turns To D
    If It Feels Good, Do It
    Losing California
    Money City Maniacs
    People Of The Sky
    She Says What She Means
    The Good In Everyone
    The Lines You Amend
    The Other Man
    Underwhelmed

Check 'em out.

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
sloan is alright...nothing that great though; seen them a few times live so my opinion has to count for something :p

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
YES! Sloan rocks! And they're from my hometown of Halifax, Nova Scotia! I've been listening to them for years, and they're one of my favorite bands. In addition to the songs brigden mentioned, check out 500 Up, Dreaming of You and Pretty Together.

Edit - The type of music they play is basically 'Rock and Roll'. Whatever that is, now-a-days...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Unfortunately I wish I could agree but I can't. Since I'm from the same place as frogdog I feel I've been exposed adequately to them. Their sound to me appears as if the only influence on their music is the beetles. Since I don't like the beetles I don't like sloan. They have in my opinion one good song and one ok song. If anything I'd say they're overrated because really they belong in nothing greater than a city-wide gig circuit (no larger) playing for free drinks and maybe cab fare.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
you haven't heard of them because they're canadian.

That statement is acurrate.

that spelling of accurate however, is not.

Touché.

BTW, if you really want to be pedantic, your sentence should have been:

"That spelling of accurate, however, is not."

Sloan rock!