Slipstream Windows 7: Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Carbo, Nov 2, 2012.

1. MichaelD

MichaelD Lifer

Wanted to report back that Windows Update DLer worked perfectly and the downloaded updates/packages integrate perfectly with RT7 Lite. I just slipstreamed 200+MB of updates that include the latest IE9. That will save me at least an hour and about 10 reboots when I reload my video editing box this weekend. Thanks! :cool:

2. Mike89

Mike89 Member

Weird that 2 1/2 years after RT7 came out it's still in the same Beta version. Seems the author has not bothered to update the program out of Beta. Guess he abandoned it for some reason.

3. hclarkjr

hclarkjr Lifer

he give up long ago, i do not even know if the site is still there. there are other options now from some of the people who used to go to that site http://www.winreducer.net/

4. AlexKidd5000

AlexKidd5000 Member

I agree that it is an absolute nightmare if you ever have to reinstall windows. It usually takes 4 or 5 hours to download, and install all the updates, plus additional software like drivers, and misc software. Ugh!

5. Octopuss

Octopuss Golden Member

That program is HORRIBLE piece of crap that never worked right. It's been abandoned ages ago, and people still want to use it. They even hack it or something so it removes more stuff or something. That's beyond what I can understand.

I learned to do it all myself (out of frustration from waiting for a program that would work), and don't regret the time I invested.