slightly used 2407wfp or new Soyo (P-MVA)?

ther00kie16

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2008
I'm eyeing two monitors. One is a slightly used (still in excellent condition) 2407wfp and the other is a new Soyo 24" (confirmed P-MVA panel).
The Dell is $100 more, which would you recommend? I probably won't have any use for the inputs on the Dell and the USB hub and memory card reader would be a luxury that I don't have to have. So I'm considering whether or not the extra warranty, styling and stand pivot/rotate is worth the extra $100.

ther00kie16

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2008
It shouldn't matter what I'll use it for (media and games are the ones that matter) because the panels are S-PVA and P-MVA so there's little difference there. And I won't really need the memory card reader and USB hub as I mentioned.
All I'd benefit is probably the aesthetics, the longer warranty and the stand features.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
i have the pmva SOYO and am perfectly happy with it, i'm about to get another 24" (either the 2408wfp or 2475w) just so i can dual monitor my setup. If you have a warranty on the dell i'd probably go with it, since soyo doesn't make the pmva anymore (switched to TN panel) it may be a problem if you ever have to RMA it for repairs. There are stories of sending in pmva topaz's and getting back tn versions.

MrX8503

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2005
I own the 2408wfp and it is an awesome monitor. The 2407/2408 both use the same stand and I would say its by far the best you can get on a 24" monitor.

Even though the two have similar panel types, I would consider the Soyo a lower end monitor. Not all panels are made the same. Their line of LCD's are usually all TN's that are priced relatively cheap.

So for $100 more you get stand, thin bezel, card reader, better color accuracy, and longer warranty. If you aren't dependent on color accuracy and you're tight on money I'd go with the Soyo if its not a TN.

I spent a pretty penny on my dell 24", but it was worth it and you do get what you pay for.