Slick Willy tells everyone to 'calm down' about the Obama/Hillary race... then explodes in front of superdelegates

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
He's losing his mind, and Obama is reaping all the benefits

/close curtains

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
You need to change your subtitle.

He exploded first, then he told people to calm down. I think he might have been referring to himself actually, to chill out.

""It was kind of strange later when he took the stage and told everyone to 'chill out,' " one delegate told us."

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Drako

Yes you got it backwards. Bill exploded when the Richardson issue was mentioned. Apparently the Clintons really do feel betrayed by him as well as the MSM for favoring Obama.

I think this is very telling of how much the Whitehouse means to Bill.. he stands to gain some unique power being a former President as well as First Man.

I said it before and I'll say it again.. don't count out the Clintons until the nominee is walking off the Convention stage.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

He exploded first, then he told people to calm down. I think he might have been referring to himself actually, to chill out.

""It was kind of strange later when he took the stage and told everyone to 'chill out,' " one delegate told us."

So much for our little "expeiriment" in self moderation.

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
So much for our little "expeiriment" in self moderation.

Give me a break, it was obviously just a mistake.

FTA:
It ended with him asking delegates to imagine what the reaction would be if Obama was trailing by just 1 percent and people were telling him to drop out.

I'd be interested in some comments from some of the people around here calling for her to drop out.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ayabe
I'm sick of these threads, you like Obama, we get it.
Hey, someone has to balance out the anti-Obama threads by lupi. :laugh:

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: Phokus
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/...U2PJ.DTL&type=politics

:laugh: By himself, Bill is a great politician, but he's either accidentally or purposely sabotaging Hillary.

In any event, this dysfunctional family should be nowhere near the whitehouse ever again.

Yeah, because the booming economy, peace and prosperity the last time they were in the White House really sucked :roll:

People give Clinton way, way too much credit for the 90's boom. Sure, he was smart enough not to screw it all up, but he hardly deserves credit for causing it either. I'd almost be willing to accept a 3rd Clinton term now just to watch him flounder trying to manage the current economy. The bloom would definitely come off that rose.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Mursilis

:laugh: By himself, Bill is a great politician, but he's either accidentally or purposely sabotaging Hillary.

In any event, this dysfunctional family should be nowhere near the whitehouse ever again.

Yeah, because the booming economy, peace and prosperity the last time they were in the White House really sucked :roll:

People give Clinton way, way too much credit for the 90's boom. Sure, he was smart enough not to screw it all up, but he hardly deserves credit for causing it either. I'd almost be willing to accept a 3rd Clinton term now just to watch him flounder trying to manage the current economy. The bloom would definitely come off that rose.

Riight. It still irks rightwingers who keep scaring us that raising taxes will kill the economy that Clinton was able to raise taxes, balance the budgets, and the economy still grew a lot.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: hellokeith

Yes you got it backwards. Bill exploded when the Richardson issue was mentioned. Apparently the Clintons really do feel betrayed by him

it's pretty fucked up that a former president of the united states -- the guy who made Richardson what he became -- can't even get a call back.

this whole "I was on vacation" line is such BS... as if.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481

Yes you got it backwards. Bill exploded when the Richardson issue was mentioned. Apparently the Clintons really do feel betrayed by him

it's pretty fucked up that a former president of the united states -- the guy who made Richardson what he became -- can't even get a call back.

It is possible that Richardson doesn't want to tell Bill things he knows he doesn't want to hear. In that case sometimes it's easier to just not answer the phone. ;)

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Mursilis

Riight. It still irks rightwingers who keep scaring us that raising taxes will kill the economy that Clinton was able to raise taxes, balance the budgets, and the economy still grew a lot.

And you think the increase in taxes led to the economic expansion? Well, not surprising, since you seem to be one of those people who doesn't understand which branch of gov't appropriates the money and sets the tax rates.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Robor

It is possible that Richardson doesn't want to tell Bill things he knows he doesn't want to hear. In that case sometimes it's easier to just not answer the phone. ;)

I think that's what happened... and I think that's fucked up.

when you owe someone that much, you should at least have the balls to man up and be straight with them instead of hiding from the telephone.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Robor

I think that's what happened... and I think that's fucked up.

when you owe someone that much, you should at least have the balls to man up and be straight with them instead of hiding from the telephone.

If that's the case I definitely agree with you. :thumbsup: