SLI with Intel chipset

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
I heard with intel chipset you can SLI ? Is this true ?

I have another 16x PCIe ,,, can I do SLI ? or only xfire ? Or as phsyx card. Thanks bunch
D::thumbsup:

cusideabelincoln

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2008
The board has to be officially SLI certified to support SLI. Otherwise you have to hope hacked drivers have unlocked SLI for your board. Your board isn't officially supported, so you would need to use hacked drivers if they are available.

You can do PhysX, which is probably better suited. Your second PCI-E x16 slot only runs at x4 and is generation 1, so the limited bandwidth would not allow you to get the full benefit out of an SLI or Crossfire setup.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Wow, cusideablincoln thank you soo much for that vital information.

I think Im good, then maybe I will do Phsyx with a 9800GT in that second slot. thanks lincoln. thx gg and gb

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Wow, cusideablincoln thank you soo much for that vital information.

I think Im good, then maybe I will do Phsyx with a 9800GT in that second slot. thanks lincoln. thx gg and gb
what games do you play that use hardware physx?

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
toyota your right lol I play no games that use phsx ok mafia II and BulletStorm ,, does UT3 engine have phsyx ,,,lol
Mafia 2 does but Bulletstorm does not use hardware physx. the standard UT3 game does not have hardware physx either. there is a map pack that you can download that just adds a couple of physx features to a few standard UT3 maps. its more of a little tech demo than anything else though.

realjetavenger

Dec 8, 2008
I heard with intel chipset you can SLI ? Is this true ?

I have another 16x PCIe ,,, can I do SLI ? or only xfire ? Or as phsyx card. Thanks bunch
D::thumbsup:

Um, didn't you already have this information back in December?

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2125862&highlight=sli+hack

You can have your crossfire board use this SLi hack and use 2 Nvidia cards.
It worked for my motherboard.

http://xdevs.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.30

NO kidding HM, wow I didn't know that. Soo whats the deal I have 2 PCIe 16x slots and a free PCIe power cable

I was thinking of running 8800GT as physx and a GTX 460. Soo I can do this HM? my brother. Thanks,, gg and gb,

CarpeDiem99

Sep 22, 2003
Can't use SLI hack with Nvidia's newest drivers. You have to use the old ones like 260.99 and older.

The websites that hosted the SLI hack patch have been taken down.

Nvidia doesn't want you to use SLI hack.