SLi Question 8800GTX

FireChicken

Jun 6, 2006
I have an EVGA super clocked version of the 8800GTX. Can I sli this with the stocked clocked version of the evga 8800gtx?

Thanks

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Either it'll run your superclocked one at stock speeds, or you'll need to overclock the "stock" one to the superclocked speeds, but yes, they will SLI together just fine.

krnmastersgt

Platinum Member
Jan 10, 2008
I was under the assumption that SLI always operated at the settings of the slowest card. But I suppose you could OC it prior to adding in the SSC card or just fiddle with rivatuner or something once they're in SLI.

krnmastersgt

Platinum Member
Jan 10, 2008
But that would mean if I bought a stock clocked stock cooled 8800 GTX and a SSC version with a zalman or something and had the SSC in the first slot, the stock clocked card would be trying to match that, and possible kill itself from the heat. Soo you sure it isn't just running off the speeds of the slower card?

krnmastersgt

Platinum Member
Jan 10, 2008
But assuming you didn't do that, would you be forcing the stock clocked card to overclock to the speeds of the SSC?

FireChicken

Jun 6, 2006
Thanks for the replies.
I will turn down the clock speeds in riva tuner to the stock clock speeds before installing then second card the OC from there.

Do you think the 750w corsair will be enough juice?

theAnimal

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2003
Ask in the Power Supplies section.

BTW if I were you I'd turn the voltage down on your E8400.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Originally posted by: theAnimal
Ask in the Power Supplies section.

BTW if I were you I'd turn the voltage down on your E8400.

1.58!!!!

hope that's supposed to read 1.38. HAHAHA

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
The PSU can handle it, the clocks for SLI default to the slowest card no matter the slot, using Rivatuner won't affect the lowest common denominators clock speeds affecting the other card- you will need a BIOS flash.

FireChicken

Jun 6, 2006
So If I use riva tuner I wont be able to OC the sli Set up? Do I need to flash the bios to OC? I do not completly understand the last statement.

I am a little worried about my PSU with th2 GTXs I might just buy the corsair 750w just to be safe but if guys think it will handle it, Ill give it a shot before get the 750.

And yes the voltage is high on my cpu.. My buddy gave this cpu to me for free. So I am not so worried about it popping. My water cooling set up should help also...And yes I do realaze that its not just the heat that will kill my cpu.