SLi ghost image

Raventhru

Feb 19, 2008
I'm not sure who could help me with this. I have an NVIDIA GeFRORCE 8800 GTX computer from Dell with SLi. I did a check for a driver update, found one and installed. After installing it, the computer seemed fine until I started to play an online game that I have.
The issue? I have a ghost image of two vertical lines on the left side of my screen and just to the right of that is 'SLi'.
The image is semi-transparent but overlays the image below it. I have tried a system restore twice and still there.
Also, when paying the game, I now, at varied times, get blocks and movement on the screen. Needless to say, I am a little frantic about it. I just want the original screen back.
Any ideas?

Blacklash

Feb 22, 2007
That's "Load balancing" to depict SLi in action. There should be an option somewhere in the nVidia CP to defeat it. It should be an option you tick. So unticking it should remove the bars. It could also be an on or off selection. I don't use SLi and don't know exactly where the option is in the nVidia CP. Look around for it, or perhaps someone will happen along that has SLi. Right click your screen and select nVidia control panel from the drop down. It's in there somewhere :p Sorry I can't be more precise about its location.

Perhaps try "manage D3D settings" or look for a multi-gpu SLi entry. I am certain the entry should mention something along the lines of "Show load balancing".

This explains it too-

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_ask_mmm004.html

I'd visit their forums for advice in the future, Chrisray is a knowledgeable and helpful guy.