SLI bridge link question

geekfather

Jan 22, 2008
Sent my motherboard back to MSI for warranty and forgot to put the SLI bridge in a safe place and our puppy made it into a chew toy. This is the piece that bridges the video cards and links them together for those who do not know. I have 2 other bridge units from a Biostar board the MSI one replaced. Looking on Newegg they appear to be universal and a visual check seems like they are the same other than the name.

So my question being will the old units work okay or am I going to have to get a replacement from MSI?

Thanks for your information and time

cyphilis

May 7, 2008
I researched this a few weeks back, and they are all the same, no matter what brand's logo is on the bridge.

aka1nas

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
They are electrically the same, however they are not necessarily interchangeable as some may be intended for a board with a non-standard layout (i.e. more than 1 slot between the two x16 slots). Most boards nowadays just have 1 slot between the two x16s so it's not likely to be an issue.

LarryJoe

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 1999
I wish I knew this. I spent about $30 on my bridge (used) which was made specifically for my mobo. I would have prefered the ribbon flexible asus bridge.