Sleep button action:"switch user" instead of hibernate or suspend

ther00kie16

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2008
So I haven't had to use this computer in awhile. As far as I can remember, I got the sleep button to hibernate just fine. But now, it takes me to welcome screen, just like "switch user", instead of whatever I set it to.
Any idea what might've happened? Keyboard is an old Logitech wireless used with the included Logitech iTouch software. As far as I can tell, there's no setting to remap the sleep button in the software so something else must've happened.
It's nice to have 1 button to lock the computer but then hibernate takes much longer so it's not such a good trade-off.

penguin jr

Mar 31, 2010
I'm having this same problem too.

It only seems to happen when the iTouch software is running... it would go to sleep before I installed the software. Does anybody know any registry key to modify?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Check your CMOS to see if there are settings that define the action when the sleep button is hit.

penguin jr

Mar 31, 2010
I've checked the settings and it is set to go to sleep.

This only happens when the iTouch software is running, therefore, the program somehow remaps what the sleep button does. I do not know if there is a registry entry I can modify, or a program file I can change.

When the iTouch software is NOT running, the sleep button puts the system to sleep. It is not a Windows problem, it is the program, iTouch's, problem.

Last edited:

penguin jr

Mar 31, 2010
Your answer is not relevent to the problem.

Does anybody know how the iTouch configuration program remaps the sleep button's action?