Slate:Why spend $32 million to promote the new $20 bill?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: preslove
Yep, there is more of that elitist attitude More of that wonderful liberal - "you're too stupid to know what's good for you"
It's no wonder they don't vote for you - would you vote for someone who calls you "stupid" and constantly says you can't do anything without help?

CkG

Why else would poor people vote for a party that wants to get rid of Bankruptcy protection during a recession??? Soon, though, these people are gonna wake up and realise, "hey, we should have bancruptcy protection, since I migh lose my job and live off credit cards to feed my kids and then get behind on my mortgage..." Here's the bottom line, Republican policies (give money back to the rich and fvck the poor by getting rid of services) hurt the majority of the populace.

Link

Another link

The ABA doesn't like it

Let's just hope you have to file bankruptcy, but can't because your great leaders pass the bill.

I fail to see how you can equate this subject to your elitist attitude that "stupid" poor/middle income people should vote for Democrats. Bankruptcy can effect ANYONE - and does daily. Oh and we aren't in a recession;) We haven't been in one for almost 2 years. The economy is growing and is getting stronger daily.
/me thinks preslove doesn't have a clue and is throwing random accusations out there - hoping they'll divert attention from his elitist attitude towards the poor/middle income people.

CkG

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Cad, If you bothered doing ANY research on the Bankruptcy bills currently in conference committee, then you would know that they provide financial impediments to filing bankruptcy, meaning that it will be too EXPENSIVE for middle/lower income people to file, while corporations and higher income people will still be able file. But i guess your to lazy to read up on this.

Oh and we haven't been in a recession for two years?
rolleye.gif

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Annnyway. Back on topic: Perhaps the gov't should have spent that $32mil on making sure the bills were compatible with automated machines? Nah.

FoxNews.com: New $20 Bill Causes Problems in Machines

WICHITA, Kan. ? As colorful new $20 bills (search) circulate around the nation, more consumers are finding out that the notes do not work on automated payment machines like those found in self-service checkout counters at grocery stores.

The first calls started coming into the U.S. Treasury Department's Bureau of Engraving and Printing (search) two days ago, frustrating government officials who had worked to overcome the vending machine problems that followed the 1998 redesign of the bill.

This time the problem seems to plague mostly automated payment machines ? a relatively recent arrival in the industry, the bureau said.

"We learned from our lack of outreach last time, and we really made an effort to reach out to thousands of business industries and associations so they can start working with their customers and members," said Dawn Haley, spokeswoman for the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.