• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

SkyrimSE- 201 Mods and Going Strong.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Another reason why SkyrimSE is much better than vanilla. The capacity to run so many more mods with little tweaking. It's amazing.

All I did was I...

1) Downloaded the mods I wanted.
2) Cleaned my main files via SSEDIT.
3) Used LOOT to see if there were any conflicting mods.
4) Cleaned those mods
5) Used WyreBash to sort out which mods that had a red number next to it. (Not Necessary)
6) Fixed FrostFall, Campfire, and Wearable Lantern with this fix. https://www.dracotorre.com/blog/frostfall-se-skse64/
7) Sorted my load order via LOOT
8) Ran game.

PS--> Download SKSE64 before you do anything.

The game has been running amazing well. I have all graphics on super high. Shadows are on high, not ultra. I'm getting a constant 60FPS. Looks great.

PSS--> Don't let the game check for updates via Steam. Check off the option "Only Check the Game for Updates When Running." Then when you play the game, you'll need to go into airplane mode. You need to do this because when Creation Club gets updated it messes with SKSE64. I've read that it happens often. Creation Club is junk. You don't want it.

Aug 11, 2008
Just got a new gpu, so I started over from scratch on a new game last week. I got a gtx 1060, any good graphical mods for that level card?
The SE base game does not really tax the card at all. Seems like all the "enhanced graphics" did was add a lot of foggy/hazy effects. Very nice to be able to play ultra at 60 FPS though,
vs around 30 on low/med with my old card.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Just got a new gpu, so I started over from scratch on a new game last week. I got a gtx 1060, any good graphical mods for that level card?
The SE base game does not really tax the card at all. Seems like all the "enhanced graphics" did was add a lot of foggy/hazy effects. Very nice to be able to play ultra at 60 FPS though,
vs around 30 on low/med with my old card.
i use the static mesh mod, real waters 2, verdant: grass plugin, majestic mountains, vivid weathers, vivid landscapes, character makeover, and many standalone mods like 4K cows and ogers. I also play at 1920, shadows on med/high, and keep the fade scale halfway for things like grass, actor, etc. I have the Predator Helios 300, w/ 16mb ram, 6mb Geforce GTX, Core i7. The game taxes my system, usually hits mid 80s temp wise. It gets super hot, but that's expected with a game like Skyrim. I can maintain about a 45-60 FPS. With rain or snow it does dip to about 45. Again, that's to be expected. I also undervolt the laptop as well. About -110 volts. Very stable and has helped with the heat.

ASK THE COMMUNITY