Skyrim VR is coming April 8th.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Price is too high for me, they should offer significant discount for existing Skyrim owners, but I don't think they would based on what they did with Fallout vr

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
According to Steam, I have 13 hours in Skyrim. Unless this is free for existing owners, I couldn't be less interested.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Skyrim didn't grab me like Oblivion and Morrowind - it felt too dumbed down to appease everyone. I know it has made significant improvements with mods since it was released, but like JuJu said, if it's not free, I really don't care.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Well, for what its worth, I loved it on the PSVR. I can imagine it will only be better on the PC, considering the PS4's low specs and limitations. I ended up not using the move controllers and went with ds4 controllers, and still enjoyed it. Went with a bow build because, as it turns out, those damn frostbite spiders freaked me out too much in full 3D.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Looks pretty cool but I'm holding off until some reviews come in and I get to try Fallout 4 VR myself. From what I've read, Fallout 4 VR is kind of a VR "port" of the game rather than a full immersive game so if Skyrim is the same I'll pass. But... it's possible I really enjoy FO4 VR so I may get Skyrim anyway.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I'm torn....I passed on FO4 VR because the game bored me.

Skyrim I just never really played, but more because TES combat is horrid and always has been. I might actually play this in VR...

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Such a crock that both this and Fallout 4 VR are priced at the same $60 price, as if they were totally new games. From what I've read/seen VR has just been kind of pasted into the games; they're not really completely new games built ground-up for VR and worthy of a $60 price tag, IMO (didn't stop me from getting FO4 VR, lol, though it might Skryim VR).

Ah, well I was going to add a price alert for the game and I see it's 15% off on GameBillet.com and Fanatical.com (you get a Steam key). Better than nothing I guess!

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
lol, still asking $60 for the same old game every time they add a new feature.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Such a crock that both this and Fallout 4 VR are priced at the same $60 price, as if they were totally new games. From what I've read/seen VR has just been kind of pasted into the games; they're not really completely new games built ground-up for VR and worthy of a $60 price tag, IMO (didn't stop me from getting FO4 VR, lol, though it might Skryim VR).

Ah, well I was going to add a price alert for the game and I see it's 15% off on GameBillet.com and Fanatical.com (you get a Steam key). Better than nothing I guess!

I briefly played FO VR at my nephew's over Christmas and while I agree with the price being ridiculous for FO owners, I was surprised with the experience--I actually thought it was pretty cool, but with real issues. It seems that with these VR games, there is no real walking--you push a button on your stick to move your character from point to point. I thought that it was because he did not yet have whole room motion set up (Vive), but that is apparently not the case? I find that concept to really just ruin the whole thing, even if it's an unreasonable want.

While the pentile? screen on the Vive is rather distracting, I thought it was actually kind of cool in the FO world. The "pixilated glass" look you get with that screen seems like a serendipitous enhancement to the mood of that FO universe.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
lol, still asking $60 for the same old game every time they add a new feature.

with ESO, Skyrim SE, and now Skyrim VR...I am starting to think that Bethesda no longer has any interest in developing TES VI?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I briefly played FO VR at my nephew's over Christmas and while I agree with the price being ridiculous for FO owners, I was surprised with the experience--I actually thought it was pretty cool, but with real issues. It seems that with these VR games, there is no real walking--you push a button on your stick to move your character from point to point. I thought that it was because he did not yet have whole room motion set up (Vive), but that is apparently not the case? I find that concept to really just ruin the whole thing, even if it's an unreasonable want.

While the pentile? screen on the Vive is rather distracting, I thought it was actually kind of cool in the FO world. The "pixilated glass" look you get with that screen seems like a serendipitous enhancement to the mood of that FO universe.
Yeah I think I will actually like it more than the reviewers seem to like it. I dunno, the push-button move seems like it's due to the limited range of current VR tech; I'm not sure how you'd be able to freely walk without a treadmill type solution, with current VR. As far as the "pixelated glass" or "screen door" look on current VR (I have the Vive), honestly I never see it. I noticed it once when I REALLY tried to look for it, but otherwise I never notice it. To me, looking through the VR glasses looks like when I play on my PC monitor, just a little lower quality/resolution.

with ESO, Skyrim SE, and now Skyrim VR...I am starting to think that Bethesda no longer has any interest in developing TES VI?
To me it looks like a cash grab and milk of existing titles as much as possible.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Don't forget Skyrim Switch edition! Play Skyrim again, but this time on the road! That'll be $60.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Well, to be fair, Zenimax develops ESO (unless Bethesda is involved in some way there), and Skyrim VR was probably relatively simple to set up considering they just did it for FO4. Skyrim SE was probably the heaviest lift among those. I do wish they'd develop TESVI, though I fear it won't be as successful as Skyrim just due to the fact that mountain vikings and dragons are friggin cool, and they may not get as much traction with 'elves in <insert forest>', 'lizard people in swamp', or 'cats in desert' with the general audience (though I'd play the crap out of anything TES). This may be a big part of the milking of Skyrim, it's the most approachable to general bro-audiences.