Skyrim combat vs Fallout3 combat on PC.

Pacman4

Nov 7, 2011
Just started up FO3, and had to use the baseball bat a bit, and whilst it could feel more satisfying when whacking someone, is it fair to say that Skyrims combat is no worse than FO3's in that regard?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I just started up a new game of FO3 as well, after playing a little Oblivion and finishing a game of New Vegas last week. I never thought about it much but for all the other complaints, they definitely made a lot of little improvements to the interface over the years.
Some things look a lot better too, like faces.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Skyrim needs a Dead Island mod. That game might not have been perfect, but if it did something right, it captured the physicality of hand-to-hand combat.

Pacman4

Nov 7, 2011
I'll get it eventually, but it's $90AUD on steam atm.
I'm playing FO3 on a 6850 up from a 4850, one smooth transition, I hope Skyrim is as smooth+I'm using a HD texture pack as well.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
I'll get it eventually, but it's $90AUD on steam atm.
I'm playing FO3 on a 6850 up from a 4850, one smooth transition, I hope Skyrim is as smooth+I'm using a HD texture pack as well.

Skyrim should run smoothly on your setup. It's not very demanding.

I played Demon's Souls just before Skyrim, so to me the combat seemed very primitive and floaty. I'm mixing it up now though with spells (ALL schools), shouts, melee (2x1h), and bows, so the combat is more fun and varied now.