Skyrim and Quest completion

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
Skyrim is a game I have enjoyed off and on since 2011 but recently may have found something very negative about this game. The neverending quests. I know the Companions have a chain of these and I was ok with this as I told myself to just avoid them. But now, with further research there my be an abundance of these NEVERENDING quest all throughout the land of Skyrim.

I'm looking to complete as many of the quest as possible to feel like I have reached my highest point of completion. Problem is, I don't really know how to tackle the game anymore without a sense that I might just be going in circles. I have already completed the main storyline and have around 132 hrs in the game.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
All the guilds (theives, brotherhood, companions, mages) have repeating quests so you can rack up easy money or loot. You dont have to complete them at all, or you can do as many as you want. They are infinite money which is nice in a game that has constantly respawning shopkeeper inventories.

The thieves guild infinite quests also have the bonus of unlocking shops in the Ragged Flagon, and giving you thieves influence in the major cities (cheap bribing of guards to avoid cities, and a fence in each town).

Make sure to read the Wikia for info on things you have to do vs. things you could do.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thieves_Guild_(Skyrim)
Scroll down to SMALL JOBS and CITY INFLUENCE QUESTS

Companions and mages and assasins have similar things going on. Easy money and a good way to both kill time and explore Skyrim. Especially good for beginning players who want to see everything in Skyrim but do not want to progress in the main story line. Also good for building up your skills if you dont want to progress the main story.

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
Skyrim is a game I have enjoyed off and on since 2011 but recently may have found something very negative about this game. The neverending quests. I know the Companions have a chain of these and I was ok with this as I told myself to just avoid them. But now, with further research there my be an abundance of these NEVERENDING quest all throughout the land of Skyrim.

I'm looking to complete as many of the quest as possible to feel like I have reached my highest point of completion. Problem is, I don't really know how to tackle the game anymore without a sense that I might just be going in circles. I have already completed the main storyline and have around 132 hrs in the game.

It's the radiant quest system. It never ends and you'll never run out of miscellaneous quests so don't even try :).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Radiant

Patre

May 29, 2013
This is one game I've been wanting to get.........are there any current deals on this?

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Skyrim Legendary Edition (which includes Dawnguard DLC, Hearthfire DLC and Dragonborn DLC) was 40% off during Steam Summer Sale 2013.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This is one game I've been wanting to get.........are there any current deals on this?

Look for the complete edition to be available for the Holidays. If you can get it for $30-40, consider that a bargain.

Also, renounce all relationships and expect to be fired soon, if you do start playing it.

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011

Skyrim is definitely worth it even if you only play through the main storyline. My only problem is after that's completed there a fine line between what's repeatable and what's not...

I wish Bethseda would give a set number of quests and have just a few KNOWN radiant quest for people who just want to go and do random things. Since my backlog of games is pretty large I like to complete the heart of game and move on. Skyrim blurs this line leaving you thinking if I stop now I might miss something,etc, etc.