Skype - getting it to ring to speakers with headphones plugged in?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Maverick2002, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Maverick2002

Maverick2002 Diamond Member

I haven't been able to find an answer to this on Google, but is there a way to get Skype to ring to external speakers while you have a headset plugged in? I read about having a switchbox, but that relies on you remembering to switch it every time you take your headphones off.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Skype ring speakers Forum Date
    USB Webcam plugged into USB3.0 hub no longer functions in Skype General Hardware Nov 13, 2014
    Mic stops working 2-10 minutes into video call / C310 Webcam - Skype General Hardware Jan 24, 2013
    Need webcam for Skype VideoChat General Hardware Aug 28, 2012
    Is it possible to send a fax from All in One Printer with (Fax) using Skype ? General Hardware May 12, 2012
    Building an i7 ring, need lots of advice General Hardware Dec 19, 2008

3. mfenn

mfenn Elite Member <br> Currently on <BR> Moderator Sabb
    Super Moderator

I believe in the options that you can set different sound devices for ring and voice. I'll check when I get home from work to be sure.

EDIT:

Under audio settings in the ring drop down, there is a "ring on all devices" setting. You should be able to set that. Of course, if your speakers mute when you've got the headset problem, this isn't going to fix it. That's not a Skype problem though.

If you have reassiable jacks (most everything does these days), the just set both the jack that your speakers are plugged into and the jack that your headset audio is plugged into to Line out. That way they will both play all of the time.

#2 mfenn, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  4. BlahBlahYouToo

creative sound blaster card with an external drive bay.