Skull om Mars ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Rock on Mars? There is no way there could be a skull sitting on the surface like that. It's a rock. With all the wind erosion there is no freaking way a skull would last out there. How old would that skull be? How many years have we been looking at Mars for signs of life? How long ago would it have been able to sustain any sort of life where there would be remains like this? Hundreds of millions of years ago?

Skull, riiiight...:roll:

I share your doubts that it is a skull but we have only been in a position to seriously examine Mars for signs of life since the mid 1960's.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Linflas
Rock on Mars? There is no way there could be a skull sitting on the surface like that. It's a rock. With all the wind erosion there is no freaking way a skull would last out there. How old would that skull be? How many years have we been looking at Mars for signs of life? How long ago would it have been able to sustain any sort of life where there would be remains like this? Hundreds of millions of years ago?

I share your doubts that it is a skull but we have only been in a position to seriously examine Mars for signs of life since the mid 1960's.

So...four decades then?

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Wallydraigle

It could have been carried.

By a Martian swallow?

Al Neri

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2002
Looks like a storm trooper!!! GREGG LUCAS IS A GENIOUS HE PRIDICTED IT ALL!!!!!!!!

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: So

So...four decades then?

And how many years have I been putting my keys on the nightstand next to my bed yet somehow I still manage to not be able to find them??? That's my tiny place.. now imagine trying to find some thing of importance on ANOTHER PLANET. Heck, we have so many historical "treasures" that can no longer be found. This is on OUR PLANET and have been searched for centuries for some stuff and can't find it. Not to mention fossil and evolutionary evidence.

Could this be a fossilzed being of bone? Who knows. Could it be a rock with a wierd shadow and shape? Who knows.

DeMeo

Oct 23, 2003
look a little lower and to the right of the skull.... I see a seal's head.

must be a sand seal. Maybe the skull is from a martian seal beater who did himself in by accident?

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: HumblePie
Originally posted by: So

So...four decades then?

And how many years have I been putting my keys on the nightstand next to my bed yet somehow I still manage to not be able to find them??? That's my tiny place.. now imagine trying to find some thing of importance on ANOTHER PLANET. Heck, we have so many historical "treasures" that can no longer be found. This is on OUR PLANET and have been searched for centuries for some stuff and can't find it. Not to mention fossil and evolutionary evidence.

Could this be a fossilzed being of bone? Who knows. Could it be a rock with a wierd shadow and shape? Who knows.

Could you actually be a magical dragon with sixty wings typing on a terminal in space? WHO KNOWS??
We certainly can't use indirect evidence to be 99% sure of something. Nope. Not even close to possible.

Something that had bones wouldn't have developed without there being fossils all over the place. We would have found more evidence of life if there were bones on the ground.

Now...primitive life? Certainly a possibility.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: DeMeo
look a little lower and to the right of the skull.... I see a seal's head.

must be a sand seal. Maybe the skull is from a martian seal beater who did himself in by accident?

thats definately an otter

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Wallydraigle

It could have been carried.

But African swallows are non-migratory.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Reck
there's a good chance that life still lives on mars.

well based on that collection of photos, it doesn't look that much different from a few backyards I've seen in Arizona and New Mexico.

bigredguy

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2001
looks like a skull from one of those things, you know the photchopisists, they appeared withing the last decade and have quickily appeared all of the globe, i am not suprised to see one on Mars as well these days.