Skoorb's Taco Bell thread: take two

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So I go to Blockbuster last night. And nothing really trips my trigger, except I want to see Count of Monte Christo. I lived in BFE when it came out, so I never got the chance to see it. No DVDs, no video tapes.

So I head up to the counter and ask one of the Blockbuster girls if they have any. Without looking around, she says, "No, and it sucks. Read the book." Then she proceeds to mumble something about Panic Room for some reason.

"Panic Room?" says I. "Not bad, but the ending was ludicrous." So she gives me a look with one eye, which prompts me to continue, "And I read Count of Monte Christo in high school."

She kinda rolls her eyes, rings up my previously-owned DVD, and mumbles something about returning it in 30 days.

Yeesh!

Jan 9, 2002
What does this have to do with Taco Bell? Anyway, she must be one of those literary intellectuals which can't stand bastardized movie versions of great books. I for one still have not read the book, but the movie is amazing- loved it. Thanks for reminding me! I've gotta go out and get it soon. :)

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
The impression I got was that it's not Skoorb, but someone who had the same experience at a different location.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
earlier in the week there was a thread by skoorb about some skank at Taco Hell being very rude

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
eh, not quite as bad as getting yelled at for spilling change all over the place.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI
What does this have to do with Taco Bell? Anyway, she must be one of those literary intellectuals which can't stand bastardized movie versions of great books. I for one still have not read the book, but the movie is amazing- loved it. Thanks for reminding me! I've gotta go out and get it soon. :)

yea... what DOES this have to do with tbell?

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
i guess this has as much to do with this thread as anything, but has anybody tried to new 7 layer burrito? is it any good?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: X-Man
So I go to Blockbuster last night. And nothing really trips my trigger, except I want to see Count of Monte Christo. I lived in BFE when it came out, so I never got the chance to see it. No DVDs, no video tapes.

So I head up to the counter and ask one of the Blockbuster girls if they have any. Without looking around, she says, "No, and it sucks. Read the book." Then she proceeds to mumble something about Panic Room for some reason.

"Panic Room?" says I. "Not bad, but the ending was ludicrous." So she gives me a look with one eye, which prompts me to continue, "And I read Count of Monte Christo in high school."

She kinda rolls her eyes, rings up my previously-owned DVD, and mumbles something about returning it in 30 days.

Yeesh!

Maybe she ate at Taco Bell ? Gotta watch out for that "Special sauce" you know :D

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Rallispec
i guess this has as much to do with this thread as anything, but has anybody tried to new 7 layer burrito? is it any good?

7 layer burrito has been around a long time. its like eating everything taco bell has all at once.

skoorb had a rude taco bell employee yelling at him when he dropped his change all over the place. the common thread is rude employees.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix

7 layer burrito has been around a long time. its like eating everything taco bell has all at once.

skoorb had a rude taco bell employee yelling at him when he dropped his change all over the place. the common thread is rude employees.

its been around for a long time? like how long ? whats the new thing they just intruduced? i'm out of the loop now becuse its been a while since i've been to taco bell

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: yakko
Taco Bell is good food.

best fast food resteraunt out there.. aside from maybe burger king

your top two are burger king and taco bell? ewwww!