Sketchy question...

JSClark

Mar 9, 2003
I work over 60+ hours between 2 jobs, my friend, who's a cop, works up to 70 hours in any one week nowadays. Do you guys find it sketchy that he would go and write down MY work schedule in HIS notebook so he can find time to hang with me? I'm kinda weirded out, and it bugs me that someone actually has to keep track of me this way in the first place...

elbirth

May 8, 2003
As far as just being able to figure out when both of you are free to hang out, I don't see much of a problem

But if he's doing it to keep an eye on everything you're doing, then definitely watch out.... especially if he's given you reason to distrust him.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
It would make more sense to make note of your schedule than his, since he probably doesn't have trouble remembering his.

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
It would make more sense to make note of your schedule than his, since he probably doesn't have trouble remembering his.

Viper GTS

JSClark

Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: elbirth
As far as just being able to figure out when both of you are free to hang out, I don't see much of a problem

But if he's doing it to keep an eye on everything you're doing, then definitely watch out.... especially if he's given you reason to distrust him.

There are ways I do kinda distrust him, but I can keep him in line with that stuff no problem. I just don't like people keeping tabs on when I'm working and when I'm not, I hate being watched at all. I don't even watch his schedule, I don't even keep tabs on him at all, and its something I expect in return from all my friends (which quite a few of them respect). My friend is pretty latchy, I can say I'm at home, and he'll be right over within a heartbeat, even when I'm doing stuff around the apartment. I like being around my friends and all, but there's just those times where I need to get away and do stuff on my own.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I ask for some of my friends' work schedules for the sole purpose of finding a time when we're not working. That's all he's probably doing. With work weeks like that, writing down both schedules isn't even a suprize.

JSClark

Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
I ask for some of my friends' work schedules for the sole purpose of finding a time when we're not working. That's all he's probably doing. With work weeks like that, writing down both schedules isn't even a suprize.

Eh, maybe so, plus knowing him, he'll be sleeping when I'm working/vice versa (he works the night shift mainly), so I'm not too worried...

JSClark

Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: PunDogg
u guys are friends right, u both are busy so he just wants to hang out

Dogg

Yeah, we've been friends for years, but lately its the "big brother" thing going on, he knows I don't like it. We used to hang out day after day after day, all the time. Then things changed, he got a girlfriend (still with her), I got busier with school/work, plus I met a ton of more people, and life is just too crazy at the moment, and he doesn't seem to wanna change. I don't know about you guys, but hanging out with the same person constantly drags on me, I just can't do that anymore. Its not that I don't want to be friends with him, its more of I just can't jump back to the same schedule.

Plus I have other friends saying that I don't hang around as much either, that I work too much, that I'm not around much, etc. Sometimes its just so frustrating I just want to do a "disappearing act", show everyone that if I don't want to be found, I don't want to be found. Plus, since I have so much debt hanging over me, 2 jobs will clear that in no time, get me back on my feet, but many of my friends don't seem to grasp that concept. I'm just trying to correct some mistakes in my life, seems like noone wants me to do just that.