Skeet Shooters

Adn4n

Golden Member
Aug 6, 2004
I'm having a hard time finding information on how skeet shooters work. Could someone post a link or maybe give me a short explanation? This is for a dynamics project.

Adn4n

Golden Member
Aug 6, 2004
I still can't find anything as to how the thing actually works. Does anyone have a quick description?

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
There's an arm that is wound back 180 degrees under spring tension. Operator pulls a handle and the arm swings 180 degrees forward and comes to a sudden hault. There is a pin at the end of the arm that holds the pigeons in place until they take flight. I can't find any descriptions out there either, but if you've ever seen one of these work, I don't know why it would be so hard to describe it since you're already in a class that probably gave you the necessary physics knowledge to do this.

Adn4n

Golden Member
Aug 6, 2004
I don't own a gun nor have ever seen one(skeet shooter). It was put forth by my lazy group, and now I'm stuck having to explain it. Thank you for the help.

JDMnAR1

Lifer
May 12, 2003
A skeet shooter stands there, says "pull", mounts his/her shotgun and attempts to shoot clay pigeons. A skeet thrower (or trap), on the other hand actually propels the clay pigeon through the air. ;)