Sites with website screenshot on a screen on the screen.

xxxInfidelxxx

Feb 19, 2006
I've seen some websites who take a screenshot of the website and I am guessing use photoshop to spin it a little for perspective, then add to a computer screen icon or sometimes the glass floor effect on the website. ;) Anyone know of a site that does this?

I am trying to add it to my site, but still struggling to find a monitor or computer graphic that would accommodate this...and my rotating in PS turned out quite weak, so tried to search for a how-to on Google, but this request is tough to google. :)

Anyone bored and want to waste a few minutes of their life helping their fellow man?

xxxInfidelxxx

Feb 19, 2006
Originally posted by: l6873
Something like this?

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8934/29431606rd6.jpg

That's what I am talking about! :) I could probably put it on a screen if I found one that looks like a monitor sitting at a 45 degree angle, eh? How do you rotate it while maintaining perspective? Mine didn't come out quite like that. :)

I spent more time looking for a site with an example of it than it probably took you to do it....searching MS clipart now for the monitor. :)

xxxInfidelxxx

Feb 19, 2006
PS...got the glassy floor effect down now; I found a tutorial for that, as it's east to Google. The 45 degree website screenshot shown on a monitor is not quite search engine friendly. :)

l6873

Sep 9, 2005
Why not just use a pic of an LCD with a white background?
http://images.google.com/image...tor&btnG=Search+Images

If you don't want it to look like a photograph just convert it to vector form and play around with it a bit.

As for the image, I used an old version of Paint Shop Pro, which is actually quite bad at these things. All I did was use the 'Horizontal Perspective' effect and rotate. I'm sure Photoshop has something similar.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Why not just use a pic of an LCD with a white background?
http://images.google.com/image...tor&btnG=Search+Images

If you don't want it to look like a photograph just convert it to vector form and play around with it a bit.

As for the image, I used an old version of Paint Shop Pro, which is actually quite bad at these things. All I did was use the 'Horizontal Perspective' effect and rotate. I'm sure Photoshop has something similar.

PSCS 2 added ina feature that will let you do that and maintain perspective really eaisily

xxxInfidelxxx

Feb 19, 2006
All I did was use the 'Horizontal Perspective' effect and rotate. I'm sure Photoshop has something similar.

Thanks. I guess it is quite intuitive--Horizontal Perspective effect is just what the doctor ordered. I'll do some searches now for a PS solution.

I looked at all those LCDs before posting, hoping to find one that looked like I envision, but all pretty low-res looking. I did find a nice laptop one with a large screen on MS, so I might go that route. Thanks, everyone.

I might do away with the screen and do it like you did with just the screenshot. I've seen a few sites with this (though I just spent an hour and found none) and it looked sharp on the white background.