Site is online, but I cannot connect to it

silverfang77

Jun 8, 2009
For the background, I connect to the Net with a Verizon Wireless Novatel U760 aircard via bandwidth reseller Millenicom. About a week ago, a fansite for a TV show I liked as a child (PS I Love You) stopped loading for me at random times, then as of last Wednesday, altogether.

I went to the website Down for Everyone, or Just Me and typed in the URL. The site says that PS I Love You is online and is only down for me.

I also tried loading the site on my Verizon Wireless Droid 2 with the exact same result.

I then signed up for OpenDNS and set that up, thinking that perhaps Verizon for some reason is blocking the site. However, even after changing my connection to use OpenDNS, the site still will not load for me.

I ran a trace on the site and came up with this result in the linked JPEG.

psiloveyoutracrt.jpg

Can anyone shed some light as to why this site will not load for me when it is clearly online and even after switching to OpenDNS?

Thank you!

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
I have Verizon DSL, and Verizon Droid.

Niether are blocking the site with regular Verizon DNS.

I hope hat you are Not just trying to "push" traffic to the site.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
This person has posted this and similar "problems" on many different tech sites (including two others here on Anandtech) just to get more people to click on the link and increase traffic to sites at that IP address. Just ignore them..

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
This person has posted this and similar "problems" on many different tech sites (including two others here on Anandtech) just to get more people to click on the link and increase traffic to sites at that IP address. Just ignore them..

Really? Can we get a spammer ban hammer then?

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Actually, I apologize. This post looked a lot like some spam I have been seeing floating around lately, so I just assumed it was the same thing. It actually looks like silverfang77 isn't the culprit as his/her only other posts on Anandtech are completely unrelated.