Sisters get $540,000 from state mostly for watching each other's kids, and it's perfectly legal

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: venkman
the sad thing is that it isn't fraud, it is legal.
this.

If you read the article, she clearly lied on her application to get the child care subsidy.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
People will always figure out how to game the system; poor, rich, or in-between. It's up to Wisonsin's state government to close a state budget loophole when it is exposed so let them deal with it.

:thumbsup:

I agree - sadly this sort of thing goes on far too much...
Sadly? I dunno. In a way it kind of makes me laugh. Very likely an entire gaggle of highly educated lawyers and politicians worked on drafting this program. Then a few women, who clearly have no compareable education, figure out how to exploit it to their advantage.

In a way it's its own sort of genius, and maybe even a bit of a life lesson.

Or perhaps they were aware of the loophole, but realized that closing it would likely affect legitimate claims as well.

CLite

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2005
The post is a little misleading, though I agree this is redicilous.

1)there are 17 children and 3 sisters living in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. Obviously they aren't rolling around in cash. I really wonder where the $540k figure came from, if it includes tax deductions/etc.

2)that is 540,000 over the course of 3 years. So 170,000 a year give or take to support 17 children.

While I think it's redicilous they are paying eachother, I imagine if you took 3 seperate families who legitimately used this service that the costs would be about the same.

Hopefully Wisconsin can inact some laws to prevent this pay your family loophole clause.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Originally posted by: winnar111
fart. fart. fart.

I'm glad you're so pro fraud.

I agree with him... Pretty much everything you post is mindless drivel. Of course no-one is pro fraud... Except the ones getting over of course. The fart fart fart, is pointed at your commentary, meant to say that everything that flies out of your mouth is useless, and he is right.

So, 2 turdheads defraud the system and you turn it into an attack on Obama. Its funny,I read the thread title, and saw it was posted by Winnar111, and I said to myself, "how will he turn this into an attack on Obama" sure enough, I read the post and there was your comment on the bottom "fart fart fart fart"

Anyhow, back to topic... Seeing as how this fraud was outed can we assume the police were informed and its over now? That is the proper end to this, call the police, not "blame the president who started 1 week ago".

Maybe we shouldn't pump up these programs in a so called 'stimulus package' and stop encouraging people to pump out children.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The system is rife with this kind of stuff. My wife used to work in daycare and had all sorts of stories of leeches abusing the system. That's your tax dollars and mine folks.....

CLite

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2005
fart. fart. fart.

I agree with him... Pretty much everything you post is mindless drivel. Of course no-one is pro fraud... Except the ones getting over of course. The fart fart fart, is pointed at your commentary, meant to say that everything that flies out of your mouth is useless, and he is right.

So, 2 turdheads defraud the system and you turn it into an attack on Obama. Its funny,I read the thread title, and saw it was posted by Winnar111, and I said to myself, "how will he turn this into an attack on Obama" sure enough, I read the post and there was your comment on the bottom "fart fart fart fart"

Anyhow, back to topic... Seeing as how this fraud was outed can we assume the police were informed and its over now? That is the proper end to this, call the police, not "blame the president who started 1 week ago".

Maybe we shouldn't pump up these programs in a so called 'stimulus package' and stop encouraging people to pump out children.

First of all this is a State legislative issue with regards to the loophole not federal. Second, please point out where in the stimulus package is funding for child daycare. Then please show me what the $ amount is. Finally, please explain how it would be Obama's fault if states spent money at their discretion (i.e. a republican talking point about state's rights), rather than having ineffective federal regulation (i.e. a republican talking point).

If you want to talk about these, we can have a rational discussion, if not .... piss off.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: CLite
fart. fart. fart.

First of all this is a State legislative issue with regards to the loophole not federal. Second, please point out where in the stimulus package is funding for child daycare. Then please show me what the $ amount is. Finally, please explain how it would be Obama's fault if states spent money at their discretion (i.e. a republican talking point about state's rights), rather than having ineffective federal regulation (i.e. a republican talking point).

If you want to talk about these, we can have a rational discussion, if not .... piss off.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123310466514522309.html

The stimulus package has $2 billion+ in child care 'subsidies' and loads more in other fraud packed handout schemes.

If Obama is giving them the money, and they are dumping it on welfare queens, well maybe Obama shouldn't be giving them money eh?

Oh, but this is, err, 'infrastructure' spending, and the reason we can't give productive Americans a bigger tax cut. :laugh:

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Sounds like they have a pretty good scam going there. I guess its not really a scam though, since the government setup the rules and they're still following them.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
why the hell do they have so many children to begin with!?!

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
fart. fart. fart.

I agree with you there... and am impressed that you actually added an insightful comment rather than the usual "fart fart fart, its all liberals fault" crap.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Sadly? I dunno. In a way it kind of makes me laugh. Very likely an entire gaggle of highly educated lawyers and politicians worked on drafting this program. Then a few women, who clearly have no compareable education, figure out how to exploit it to their advantage.

In a way it's its own sort of genius, and maybe even a bit of a life lesson.

I agree. Let them exploit this shit. Look at how much wallstreet angled shit in their favor. Why should only the rich game the system?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Hay Winna111, don't you know this is part of the written, revised and passed Republicam welfare reform?