Sister's boyfriend's brother who had my ID got it taken by cops. What should I expect? *UPDATE*

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Okay, so I got a new driver's license awhile back because of an address change. I applied for my dupe ID over the Internet and got it in the mail so I didn't have to turn in the old one. Someone asked to borrow my ID and I stupidly said 'yes'. A week later this kid had 'lost' it. So it turns out that eventually my sister's boyfriend's brother ended up with it. He was in Myrtle Beach last weekend and somehow he had to give it up to the cops.

He claims that he "wasn't trying to use it" and that the cops just "searched me and stripped me of it." He told me to tell the cops "I was just holding it for you" if they call me. I can think of a much better lie than that if I need to, but will I need it? Are they going to call me? Do they even care?

*UPDATE*

:| Oh no he didn't!!! :|:|:| My sister did some calling around and found out from her bf that this guy got a ticket while in Myrtle Beach. So it looks like he didn't lose the ID at a club, but that he may have TRIED TO PASS HIMSELF OFF AS ME SO HE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TICKET!!!! Good thing the cops figured him out...

BTW we live on the same street, so his address is almost the same as mine.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Ladies Man
you lost it

you've never seen that person before in your life :)

Exactly.. and I doubt they'll call you on this.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
you lost it

Exactly. That dipsh!t had your ID, and had no intention of giving it back to you. You don't owe him anything, and you don't need to lie for him.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
you lost it

+

Originally posted by: Lithium381
"oh thank goodness you found it....yada yada yada" end of that!

=great answer!

-=bmacd=-

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Call the DMV right now and say, "My wallet was stolen, and it had my driver's license in it, I need a new one".

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
Call the DMV right now and say, "My wallet was stolen, and it had my driver's license in it, I need a new one".

no need to call...they won't put the fact on file that your license was stolen...just go there and ask for a new one.

-=bmacd=-

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
If you are called say it was lost and ask them where they found it? And don't be an idiot, you don't know anything about anyone having it with your permission.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
you lost it

Except my sister dates his brother and (more importantly) he lives down the street.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
You lost it and you don't know how he got hold of it. Period. Nothing more needs to be said.

Screw him. He was willing to put your butt in a sling. He's a jerk. You should hope the charge him with using a fake ID.

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
"I got a new ID via the internet and threw this one away, this guy must have gone through my trash and taken it to steal my identity, I would like to presue charges...." hehehe