Sir Fredrick, stealer of cable TV

Sir Fredrick

Oct 14, 1999
was accused of stealing cable TV last night. This is odd because I do not even have a television. Nevertheless, the woman doing audits was very concerned. Subsequently, some cable guys will be coming by at some point (she didn't say when) to disconnect my cable that I don't have. She tried to talk me into doing the right thing and subscribing...paying for the cable that I don't get. I said no.

What concerns me most however is that I do receive (and pay for) cable internet access through this company (AT&T if you're wondering who to boycott) and if they disconnect that I will be royally pissed. I mentioned this to her and she said that if I was, indeed, subscribed for cable internet access, it would have showed up on her list and it didn't. Fortunately I have saved all the bills that I paid and I have them filed somewhere if I really need them. The hard part will be finding them...

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
That's pretty funny...wonder what the look on the cable-disconnectors' faces will be when they show up and you have no TV

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001

<< was accused of stealing cable TV last night. This is odd because I do not even have a television >>

LOL.... that's sig material!

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
no tv? well... i guess as long as u have a computer, u can still watch pr0n.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Try to get ahold of someone specifically in cable internet, get the info to veryify you have a up to date paid account.

It won't matter that you don't have a TV, they can cut you off from access at the street, and at that point you will be entangled in a war trying to get hooked up again.

Good luck, you are in a bad situation trying to get something straightened out with anyone at this type of company.

docmanhattan

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2001
If you paid your bils via check, you can also point to the check numbers and amounts to prove that you're paying for your internet pipe.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Your post is absolutely hilarious, Sir Fred! LMAO! I like the way you wrote it: "they're gonna disconnect my cable tv that I don't have from my tv that I don't have..." ROFL!

On a serious note, you have reason to be very concerned. Here's how their system works:

1. Neo-Nazi woman comes out to strongarm you into paying for service. 99% of folks that are stealing it don't admit it. They know this and are used to------>

2. Going back to the office and putting in a work order to----->

3. Remove service from 123 Anystreet, Apt 23------->

4. Two days later, a large, hairy, uneducated man comes out in a Cable Company truck and goes to the junction box where your cable goes to. This box is locked and accessable only by the cable company.

5. He finds your cable (and not knowing that it contains only data, not cable TV signals, disconnects it from the hub.

6. You have no internet access and get up on the roof with a rifle, shooting randomly at anything that resembles a cable tv truck.

Call them now and straighten this out. Invite them to come over and test the cable BEFORE they disconnect your service. Good luck.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Cable companies are putting taps on the cable now to block TV reception and now they are authorized to charge a connection fee for the pipe. Its all double speak some jerk off judge must have signed off on.

You will get the connection charge removed if you sign up for the cable TV service.

Now, can you spell m-o-n-o-p-o-l-y?;)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Oh yeah, have you called up your Cable internet provider yet? They should have something to say about this whole bit, no?

Off to protest,
b0mbrman

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Call the manager of the local office. Make a deal with him that if they find nothing, he gives you 6 monthes of free access.

Shagger

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2001
Check the web - there are many stories like yours out there. I guess the two division don't communicate very well...