Sins of a Solar Empire - AI is broken

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
The last 4 games in a row, about 45 minutes in and the AI doesn't seem to do anything after that. Each game I played on for a while and scouted the entire map, all ai players seem to stop building structures and ships. Many of them have empty plants and astroids next to their capital planet but have not even bothered to touch it. After leaving a game, looking at the graph I can see that the ai has stopped everything has all stats flatline.

I remember playing this game a couple of years ago and it was not like this. I could play for 6 hours and the AI would still be going strong.

I'm guessing a patch broke it? I don't really see a lot of complaining with a Google search. This is 4 games in a row now, I'm about to give up on it.

Oct 30, 2004
If the AI is no longer challenging and interesting to play against, you might be able to find human opponents in online multiplayer. Just click the "Ironclad Online" button.

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
I love Sins. It is really fun playing the mods with friends.
For a proper challenge against AI, try a map with a single star, and make sure the map is simple. You can open each map in Galaxy Forge to adjust it to make the AI have easier decisions.

The AI is also loaded all on one core so you need a fast Intel CPU to get the best performance.

I would suggest the Crazy mod from moddb and play a 2v2. The unit cap is raised to 5000 along with other things. All the mods are amazing and add a lot of replay value; even with ai.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
If the AI is no longer challenging and interesting to play against, you might be able to find human opponents in online multiplayer. Just click the "Ironclad Online" button.

Sounds like it isn't just an issue of the AI "not being challenging", but being broken and sitting there not doing anything, in a way that it wasn't previously.