Singapore Airlines New First Class

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Dunbar
Just a year ago that was the best first out there. Then Singapore Airlines came out with the suites on the A380. Anyways, that's sweet that you get to fly paid international first, especially on Singapore Airlines.

I believe that the first class private suites on the new A380 Airbus are used on some very limited routes with SingaporeAir.
Besides, how many airports are there with the runways, terminals, and services to support a huge aircraft like that.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: PhoenixOrion
Originally posted by: V00DOO
What is the price for a 1st class ticket?

I have no clue since I don't get to see the receipt

but i've been told that the round-trip seoul-san francisco was around $17K.

You said you had did not know how much it cost then in a later post you said this:

" I pay for it upfront and I invoice it as part of my consulting fees to the client company for reimbursement."

???????????????

So if you paid for it upfront, how come you don't know how much it cost?

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: SuperSix
Wow.. I don't think I could ever justify that expensive of a flight.

Congrats to you though!

I'm guessing that the company was covering it. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the majority of 1st class passengers aren't paying for it out of pocket...with a few exceptions of course.

The company I am with now has a policy that states if any single flight is longer than 6 hours we are able to fly business class. Consultants I've talked to tell different stories... some are like PhoenixOrion who bill it along with expenses direct (and presumably have authorization from the company they are consulting with). Others have a travel budget built into their contract, and how it is spent is up to them, or in some cases there is no specified travel budget, just a total fee charged. In these cases, the consultants I know fly coach to pocket the extra money.

R

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: effee
you just like the singapore stewardesses with their low cut uniform that lets you see their boob everytime they bend down

Those are actually special order Thai LadyBoys.

LS21

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
lets say you are on a 1-week trip
1500$ "standard" coach flight
8000$ "first class" flight

instead of upgrading for a better 20-hour flight, i could upgrade from a 200$ hotel room, to a 500$ mega-suite hotel room for a WEEK, AND pocket 5,000$+ at the end of the trip.

assuming all pricing is self-liable, of course

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Number1

You said you had did not know how much it cost then in a later post you said this:

" I pay for it upfront and I invoice it as part of my consulting fees to the client company for reimbursement."

???????????????

dayum.. i think someone got called out on.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
It'd be nice if you could slip the pilot a $20 to fly around the airport a little longer rather than landing.

I never can justify domestic flights because it's not worth the difference in money versus the length of the flight. Only on transatlantic flights have I gone first class.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: LS21
lets say you are on a 1-week trip
1500$ "standard" coach flight
8000$ "first class" flight

instead of upgrading for a better 20-hour flight, i could upgrade from a 200$ hotel room, to a 500$ mega-suite hotel room for a WEEK, AND pocket 5,000$+ at the end of the trip.

assuming all pricing is self-liable, of course

8000-1500=6500
7*(500-200)+5000=7100

7100 > 6500.

Your point is well taken, though.

LS21

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Originally posted by: jagec

8000-1500=6500
7*(500-200)+5000=7100

7100 > 6500.

Your point is well taken, though.

i reserved the weekend for travel and figured 5 days of hotel reservations

instead of 23" widescreen that you'll use for about 6 hours on the flight. 5000$ could get a nice 61" widescreen television at home you'll own for life :D

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Originally posted by: kt
Originally posted by: Number1

???????????????

dayum.. i think someone got called out on.

it's true I didn't know how much this particular flight costs because the travel agency sent the invoice directly to the client company.

let me clarify that when I mentioned that I pay for it up front I was thinking for majority of the first-class flights that I take....but not for this one with SingaporeAir.

sorry for the confusion.