Since when did Jerusalem become the capital of Israel?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
LL talks of binding arbitration. That only works if both sides agree.

As long as the Palestinians want Israel, they will not accept less. Even if divided between two geographical areas, they still are considered as one. By Israel, the world and themselves. Saying that one side is able to have discussions for both is a fairy tale.

And until there is s state of Palestine, Israel is in control no matter what anyone days.

Apr 27, 2012
Let me present maybe a longer term view of the history of the perhaps 3500 year old fate of the city of Jerusalem. As control of Jerusalem as changed once ever 150 years or so, ever since. And almost like clockwork. Are you impressed the Jews now have the Lions share of Jerusalem control after 60 years?

As I maintain, its time for the world to grow a brain, and realize that the city of Jerusalen, and infinitely holy to Christian, Jews and Muslims, can't be pigged by only by one religion or another. As I maintian, because pigging Jerusalen never worked in the past, fairly sharing Jerusalm in the future is and remains the only viable future.

Well said. When it was in Muslim control no one else was allowed entry, this is not surprising at all and why it would be better kept in Israeli control than Palestinian.

The US really shouldn't be giving all this aid to Israel especially since we get nothing in return.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
I propose that we take the children out off Israel, and then turn the place to a large death match colosseum. Install cameras all over the place, sell tickets to close circuit TV, and use the proceeds to support the displaced children. And, anyone from the ME or the US itch for a fight/kill can also join in for free.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
LL talks of binding arbitration. That only works if both sides agree.

As long as the Palestinians want Israel, they will not accept less. Even if divided between two geographical areas, they still are considered as one. By Israel, the world and themselves. Saying that one side is able to have discussions for both is a fairy tale.

And until there is s state of Palestine, Israel is in control no matter what anyone days.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe there is something valid or non valid about what EK said. As the 45 year old Israeli military occupation of East Jersalem, the West Bank, and even Gaza, has to be the longest military occupation in world history. And since Israel has totally abused its military occupation, the international community may step up to the plate, and sayeth onto Israel, if you can't fairly administer a military occupation, we will sanaction you and will let another third party administer the occupation of disputed territories.

As long as Israel can constantly sneak more than the 500,000 illegal Israeli settlers it already has, why should Israel ever sign a peace deal or offer a fair settlement to the Pals?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe there is something valid or non valid about what EK said. As the 45 year old Israeli military occupation of East Jersalem, the West Bank, and even Gaza, has to be the longest military occupation in world history. And since Israel has totally abused its military occupation, the international community may step up to the plate, and sayeth onto Israel, if you can't fairly administer a military occupation, we will sanaction you and will let another third party administer the occupation of disputed territories.

As long as Israel can constantly sneak more than the 500,000 illegal Israeli settlers it already has, why should Israel ever sign a peace deal or offer a fair settlement to the Pals?

Israel abuses its occupation by your measure.

Given that Israel is being continually attacked by opponents hiding in the territories and those are supported by much bigger fish, can Israel afford to let down her guard? Backing out of Gaza just encouraged more trouble, not less.

The carrot approach had been shown to fail.

I noticed that the binding arbitration was ignored.

And who has gonads to force Israel to bend over for the Palestinians to rape her. Worse is being done in Syria to the resistance; nothing is being done.

Hot air exists. Embargo? Your famous embargoes had Israel shake in economic fear

Last edited:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The stick approch fails too. Is Israel better off than it was ten years ago, or 5 years ago, or even one two three ago? The international community may not give a shit about Isreal or the Palestinians, but when the international community has a huge investment in Mid east oil stability. Israeli saber rattling leaves Israel crusin for a brusing.

Netanuhu may think he is totally winning his current Machavellian game, but if Netanyuhu over reaches, he my be the author of a total international drubbing of the State of Israel. As Isreali credibility is sinking faster than a rock.