Since the thread has slowed down, I guess it's time to announce a winner in our election for Pres

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Pretender, yep they were elementary school things. And whenever there was an election there was a poll. And the first time they got it wrong was the 1992 election.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I partially remember that...I was only in 3rd grade then, but I do remember there being quite a bit of stuff about the election and we even had a poll in the class, but it was so long ago I don't remember what the results were.

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Buchanan got a vote!

Chess9: Whats wrong with Alan Keyes? And what do you mean by

<< these numbers look very, very bad for Bush. >>

? Last I knew, a 14% lead wasn't too shabby. Right, I know we shouldn't take a whole lot of thought into a 130 person poll, in a country with 200 million odd people, but, a lot still take a 600 person poll by Newsweek with a great deal of consideration. Why is that? Finally, my theory why Bush is ahead in this particular poll of (primarily) geeks, is that people here don't appreciate Gore claiming he created the internet (note: not 'help fund' but 'create').

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Jaydee:

The voters here are predominately male caucasians, who overwhelmingly support Bush. This is not a cross section of America, by any means. If Bush can't dominate here, he will not win. Anyway, polls are sheer nonsense.

Is Alan Keyes a choice for President in ANY state? He has NO chance.

IronMike

Jun 24, 2000
Not fair. You must have edited out what is sure to be an overwhelming write in vote for Pat Paulsen.