Since the thread has slowed down, I guess it's time to announce a winner in our election for Pres

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I'm glad the poll is still alive and kicking. Looks like 1000 votes was being too optimistic though.

bump.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Cyberblowmyownsexhorn:

If Bush doesn't win on this board by a 3-1 margin, then he might as well go back to Texas and smoke some more crack.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
RaDragon...

How accurate is this? Probably not very. This BBS tends towards the conservative side of things, & is probably not a good enough sample to predict a national election.

Viper GTS

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
It just depends on how many people vote. The more people we can get, the better this will be as a predictor of the national election.

Viper Frag

Nov 22, 1999
Oh no, a descendant of liers. :(
GWB, another Read my lips person. :(
Where's the intelligence in the forums?

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< This BBS tends towards the conservative side of things >>

Viper,

Actually, those on the web as a whole tend to be more Conservative because they have access to REAL, unfiltered information and are therefore more well-informed than the average. Of course, there are still some who, even when the facts are available, still choose to ignore reality.

Russ, NCNE

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
It seems that America as a whole has meekly accepted corruption on all levels of government. I think that this is a byproduct of the increasing levels of moral decay in society. I don't know what the solution might be beyond better education and better parenting. Maybe 15-20 years from now we'll see a renaissance in American politics and an increasing level of honesty and honor in every office from mayor to president.

Right now, it seems like we are all forced to choose between the lesser of two evils.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000

<< Right now, it seems like we are all forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. >>

Wise words

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
What the heck is going on with this poll? This board is full of militant far right wingers. Where are they? Don't vote?

Russ:

Geeks and other professional netizens tend to be Libertarians and conservatives. Moderates like to talk to real people occasionally. And, although women are quickly catching up with men on the net, women are far less interested in politics than men. If this board focused on some popular women's issues, Bore would be drilling the Bushman. Anyway, these numbers look very, very bad for Bush.

Alan Keyes, ha, ha, hoooty ha, ha! Really...?

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Bore would be drilling the Bushman. >>

Just like he'll be doing to the American public if he gets elected.

Russ, NCNE

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
None of these polls mean anything right now, whether they have Bush ahead or Bore ahead. In every case, it's a statistical dead heat, with far too high a percentage still in the undecided category.

Russ, NCNE

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Quackers:

These polls, not &quot;poles&quot; (although they are giving us the shaft) are WAGs, Wild *ss Guesses. Nothing more, nothing less. Truman beat Dewey against all odds. This thing will hinge on the large contingent of undecided voters. In fact, the swing vote usually is THE crucial element of any election. I hate to say Russ is right, but, uh, Russ is right.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Well, here in Texas the Weekly Reader poll was dead on in every election up to when Clinton beat Bush. I'm not sure if every state gets Weekly Reader or not, but it was a poll for elementary school students. Basically, it was more accurate because children would vote as there parents did. I don't think we would ever get a large enough sample here in Anandtech for this to be accurate, but it's still fun to do.

At the very least, we can find out who would win if it were up to us to decide.

edit: Don't know when Weekly Reader started, and I don't remember for sure if it was called Weekly Reader. It was many years and many beers ago that I was in elementary school. ;)