Since everyone here thinks they are Ansel Adams...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Sukhoi
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny
Yay!!!

Old Mesa Arch Picture

The morning I took this picture I think I actually saw a UFO :confused:

When I got to the site I saw a dark flat shape to the right of the mountains, way off in the distance. What was weird about it was that the clouds around it were moving, but it was staying in place, just sorta hovering. I was like "OMG OMG OMG" took out my 50-500mm lens, and as I did the dark shape started to slowly fade away. Right as it faded completely into nothingness I got my lens up to bear, but it was too late :(

I'm normally a skeptic about these things, but that was genuinely strange.

Jeez, sunrise at Mesa Arch? I hope you camped in the park! Can't imagine trying to drive all the way in from Moab for that.

Oh yeah, definitely camped. That morning I got up at something like 5AM within the park, drove to the Mesa Arch trailhead, and hiked there in the pitch darkness and cold carrying my photo stuff and a headlamp that kept on flopping down towards the ground because its hinge was too loose.

quick photo of my camp

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
but it's cracking me up how everyone is replying the pic is great, when it sucks balls.

Actually, no...

Let's review what was said prior to your post...

Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
:thumbsup:

Originally posted by: Literati
Oh ya nice pictures.

Originally posted by: dartworth
nice and warm feeling...

thanks Ansel

Originally posted by: j00fek
nice pics :thumbsup:

Is that what you meant by "everyone" replying the "pic is great"?

I'm not sure I can believe you now when you say you were cracking up.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Oblivionaire

Nice pic! Why is it strange for a black thing to be hovering in the sky?

lol. It was hovering and not moving like the rest of the clouds. And to boot, it faded into nothingness in a matter of half a minute.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Yay!!!

Old Mesa Arch Picture

The morning I took this picture I think I actually saw a UFO :confused:

When I got to the site I saw a dark flat shape to the right of the mountains, way off in the distance. What was weird about it was that the clouds around it were moving, but it was staying in place, just sorta hovering. I was like "OMG OMG OMG" took out my 50-500mm lens, and as I did the dark shape started to slowly fade away. Right as it faded completely into nothingness I got my lens up to bear, but it was too late :(

I'm normally a skeptic about these things, but that was genuinely strange.

Jeez, sunrise at Mesa Arch? I hope you camped in the park! Can't imagine trying to drive all the way in from Moab for that.

Oh yeah, definitely camped. That morning I got up at something like 5AM within the park, drove to the Mesa Arch trailhead, and hiked there in the pitch darkness and cold carrying my photo stuff and a headlamp that kept on flopping down towards the ground because its hinge was too loose.

quick photo of my camp

Wow, looks cold!

Literati you really like the antennae in the pic?

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
oldsmoboat, great camera BTW. The first camera that I started with was the Olympus C-750, the older, larger brother to your C-765. Great cameras!

Oblivionaire

Jul 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Oblivionaire

Nice pic! Why is it strange for a black thing to be hovering in the sky?

lol. It was hovering and not moving like the rest of the clouds. And to boot, it faded into nothingness in a matter of half a minute.

I'm just thinking if it's flying away from you it would fade so I see nothing strange about that. Your pics do look great though, they just need a little more grain for that authentic camera phone feel you know? Like Ansel Adams, he used a camera phone too right? Shame they only had black and white camera phones back then.

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005

Of course I do, I just believe it introduces an artistic perception that you have trouble seeing.

It's ok though, people didn't like Mozart one time or another either.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006

Of course I do, I just believe it introduces an artistic perception that you have trouble seeing.

I think the antennae are pretty nice, but I agree that you've got to be in the mood or like that kinda stuff. For some reason that picture turns a nostalgic light on in my brain... like I saw something like that before many, many years ago flipping through coffetop photo books as a kid. The same mountain sunset scene and the antennae, especially the round one.

Oblivionaire

Jul 29, 2006

No one likes Mozart he couldn't rap for his life. And I agree with you on his pics man, Mount Grainy never looked so Grainy.

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
hah! Plus his rap name sucked...

"It's the GZA, RZA the Oooold Dirty Bizza, the chef Reakwon, and Mozart!"

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
Oldsmoboat now that I have seen more I must have you come and take a protrait of me in front of my humble trailer! I am willing to pay 20,000 in Miller's UPC's.

Please contact immediately at Oldsownedyouall@justbecauseyouhaveafingcameradoesn'tmeanIwanttoseeyourpictures.net.

Thanks!!! :D

It's a bit ironic you as well as others are not interested in seeing these pictures, but yet, we meet here, purely through your own actions and choices, looking at and participating in the discussion of these very pictures.

I'm sure everyone who has or wants to share one of their photos deeply apologizes for your actions.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Oldsmoboat now that I have seen more I must have you come and take a protrait of me in front of my humble trailer! I am willing to pay 20,000 in Miller's UPC's.

Please contact immediately at Oldsownedyouall@justbecauseyouhaveafingcameradoesn'tmeanIwanttoseeyourpictures.net.

Thanks!!! :D

It's a bit ironic you as well as others are not interested in seeing these pictures, but yet, we meet here, purely through your own actions and choices, looking at and participating in the discussion of these very pictures.

I'm sure everyone who has or wants to share one of their photos deeply apologizes for your actions.
Rofl someone doesn't get the point of the thread. :laugh:

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
After all the caring comments you've left in my threads, I just had to stop by and say - I love artistic oldsmoboat. . .

Kudos!

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005

Yes, the ironic sophistication that is this thread is completely above my head.

Funny that the two people who actually enjoy the photograph, despite it's original intentions, are me and the professional photographer.

But I digress, as I'm sure you could show fuzzybabybunny a thing or two about good pictures.

Literati

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2005
Oh wait, you mean he posted this as a joke on the people who post pictures here and doesn't actually think it's up to par with Ansel Adams work?

oh wow, now I get it!

I apologize for your life.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
do we need a new law? like when you think your pics are great but really aren't?

just kidding :)

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Mike
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
What kind of equipment you packing?

Canon 1ds Mark II with a modest 16-35mm 2.8fL? Very niiiice.

I got in at CC on BF.
It was buy 1 get 1 free and had a $600 rebate.

If only retail stores would carry the 1ds mark ii....you lie!

Camera Consortium is a private, invitation only store.

You suck at sarcasim

You suck at the speling?

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005

Yes, the ironic sophistication that is this thread is completely above my head.

Funny that the two people who actually enjoy the photograph, despite it's original intentions, are me and the professional photographer.

But I digress, as I'm sure you could show fuzzybabybunny a thing or two about good pictures.

:confused:

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: pontifex
do we need a new law? like when you think your pics are great but really aren't?

2nd'd! It could be "Oldsmoboat's 2nd Law" or "Oldsmoboat's Postulate" or something.

Here's my non-Ansel Adams contribution: MDR.jpg. You southern Californians will know the location (Pic name is hint).