Simpsons give Fox and Fox News one in the nuts...

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Points out how laughable Fox News really is...

Simpsons on Fox and Fox News

you do realize that Fox does not discourage the shows the show or produce from lampooning other Fox products? As such its more product placement; and yes lampooning other shows is product placement.

I would rather watch CC's Southpark

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Shivetya

you do realize that Fox does not discourage the shows the show or produce from lampooning other Fox products? As such its more product placement; and yes lampooning other shows is product placement.

You do realize that Fox News portrays themselves as fair and balanced? They complain a lot about other news not being fair or balanced, obviously no man with a measurable IQ won't get the blatant hypocrisy in that, or?

It surprises me very little that you enjoy Fox News, it would surprise me even less if you said that Rush Limbaugh was your personal hero.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

You do realize that Fox News portrays themselves as fair and balanced? They complain a lot about other news not being fair or balanced, obviously no man with a measurable IQ won't get the blatant hypocrisy in that, or?

It surprises me very little that you enjoy Fox News, it would surprise me even less if you said that Rush Limbaugh was your personal hero.

Where in his statement did he say he enjoys Fox News? Oh, thats right he didn't. Once again you fail at reading.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: bbdub333
It's also like 8 years old... and it's a cartoon. They've always made fun of FOX.

Actually it's made rather recently. But thanks for the insight previously banned poster!

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000

Actually you are wrong.

Fox made Matt NOT use fox news anymore in the cartoon after they did one with a scrawl at the bottom. Their reason was that people would think it was real news. And no I am not joking.

Fox News Threatened to Sue 'The Simpsons'

Simpsons parody upset Fox News, says Groening

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
See my sig, best link posted here in a long time :) I have given it to some friends from Alabama and they did not address it; simply ignored it because fox is the only place they get their news from, but now when they give links from fox I tell them i cannot click because I'm boycotting it!

laketrout

Mar 1, 2005
Fox made Matt NOT use fox news anymore in the cartoon after they did one with a scrawl at the bottom. Their reason was that people would think it was real news. And no I am not joking.
F

Thats a bummer because I thought that it was great that Fox could take shots at itself. I know they have done other more recent shots than those posted - but I'm not going to find them. And lawyers always get upset about stuff like that - the point is that it was because of that they stopped not because they were being made fun of imo.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
But now Fox has a new rule that we can't do those little fake news crawls [tickers] on the bottom of the screen in a cartoon because it might confuse the viewers into thinking it's real news,"
What the hell? They just implied the FOX viewing audience is too stupid to know a cartoon from Fox news, wait...never mind.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Fox News is the biggest lampoon of a news channel in itself. Is O'Falafel still doing the whole body language interpreter thing?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER
But now Fox has a new rule that we can't do those little fake news crawls [tickers] on the bottom of the screen in a cartoon because it might confuse the viewers into thinking it's real news,"
What the hell? They just implied the FOX viewing audience is too stupid to know a cartoon from Fox news, wait...never mind.
DOH!!!!

laketrout

Mar 1, 2005
The worst thing ever is if if you actually watch CNN - all the countdowns they do. They have this little clocks on their for everything now, but it started driving me crazy when they had a countdown to the Larry King / Paris Hilton interview. That was the point when I threw my arms up and said "done."