Simply Amazing

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
I've seen it posted several times before, but its still a cool thing for those who haven't seen it.

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Wonder how long it will take for that tech to be licensed to create very exact, detailed city models in a game.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Some very signficant advancements lately with digital imagery...this, and last year was revealed the algorithm(s) developed to remove dead space in photos to resize or reproportion them without distorting the image. :thumbsup:

Mar 11, 2004
This is what a couple of years old, and they say in the video that the technology is going to Microsoft (via acquisition), so, where the hell is it? Something like this coupled with Surface would be crazy. There's plenty of other applications of collective data as well. I recall reading on I believe Head-Fi of software that will actually take the waveform of music and compare it with a database (where data is collected and compared between users) and then it will apply the necessary metadata (track, artist, album, etc).

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17
This is what a couple of years old, and they say in the video that the technology is going to Microsoft (via acquisition), so, where the hell is it? Something like this coupled with Surface would be crazy. There's plenty of other applications of collective data as well. I recall reading on I believe Head-Fi of software that will actually take the waveform of music and compare it with a database (where data is collected and compared between users) and then it will apply the necessary metadata (track, artist, album, etc).

Text

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: jjsole
Some very signficant advancements lately with digital imagery...this, and last year was revealed the algorithm(s) developed to remove dead space in photos to resize or reproportion them without distorting the image. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was loving the Liquid Resize program. But they sold it a company who is going to use the algorithm to create a photoshop plugin (to be purchased of course).

I hate it, but they made bank though! :D

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: loup garou
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17

Text

Oh, nice find. Good to see its not been neglected.