Simple PHP/MySQL trouble ticket system?

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I'm looking for a SIMPLE (KEYWORD) PHP/MySQL trouble ticket system that is freeware. All I've found so far are apps that try to include everything and kitchen sink.

I just need something that allows the people here in the office to submit a trouble ticket to me and have it email me.

Anyone know of one that is very clean cut and visually appealing? AND is free?

Thanks,
Jugs

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
I looked at one before... It was called something like sandstone... Check freshmeat.net

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Jugernot
Hmm... just looked on freshmeat and couldn't find it.

Oops! It was keystone. It may not be simple, I never got a chance to set it up. But I hope it helps.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Ok, got it all installed and working, but this is a little overkill for what I need... it's a tad too complicated for the users and for the techs. I basically just need something that has an online form and keep a record of each trouble ticket. Sort of like a bulletin board, but I don't want all trouble tickets to be public.

So, I need something that is very simple, the user says something like "My Outlook client isn't connecting to the Exchange server! Can you check it?" and we both get an email, then I goto the online app and say "Yes, I'll come later today!" Then it sends the user an email with the followup. After it's done, I'd like to close it... that is all.

Damn, I'm a needy little fart, ain't I?

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Ok, I ended up using Perldesk and it works REALLY well! Very simple to use for the users and the setup is pretty easy too.

Now I just need to see if it's gonna work for the users at my job. :)