Simple maybe dumb question

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
This is really bugging me as I work.

When I move my mouse to the right quickly my screen goes back to my desktop, move the mouse again and my work returns.

This only happens randomly, cant see any pattern to it. How can I disable this "feature" if I can.

Windows 7 BTW

Thanks for any help or ideas.

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Are you talking about peek? If you move your cursor to the lower right corner there is a little box that will show your desktop. If you dislike it you can disable it in taskbar properties.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Well, I said it could be a dumb question. Duh to me.

Thanks, that could be it! Never knew about it or noticed it before but when it just happened cursor was on that box.

Ive only been using Win7 for a few weeks, can you tell??

Thanks again.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Just right-click on the lower-rightmost corner, uncheck "Peek at Destop" to disable and check to re-enable.

Already done, Thanks!

That feature freaked my wife out as well

Aero Peek, where did MS get that from??? Where do they get anything from, I guess.

I found it VERY annoying. Put the mouse to the side to use the keyboard and Poof, gone. Amazing how often the cursor must have wound up in the bottom corner. Maybe I just have a strange desk setup.

Heh, Maybe good if you want to hide something from a passerby but a click works just as well. Funny, Ill probably use it a lot now that I know about it.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I can't say I've had a use for it. Isn't it supposed to be the location for the 'show desktop' feature? Not that I used to use that much either.