Sim City Societies

Pollock

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2004
Saw it for $25 to preorder for Toys R Us, and I figured that couldn't be a bad deal, even if it doesn't end up being so great. What does everyone think of it?

alpha88

Dec 29, 2000
I don't think I'll get it.

I love SimCity 4 and wish I could get a game that is even more complex.

But, I understand why EA chose not to make SimCity 5 (yet).

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Expectations?

Dumbed down, neutered experience designed with eventual ports to every plataform on Earth in mind, including cell-phones, iPods and Microwave ovens.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Price looks good, but after reading a little bit about it I'll wait until time with a demo and a lot of positive reviews.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Very low expectations for the game, I'm afraid.

There hasn't been a good city building simulation game in quite a while now.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Very low expectations for the game, I'm afraid.

I agree. I wasn't even aware of this until EA sent me an email about it. It looks extremely lame.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer

Capitalism 2, although it is a business simulation, has the same feel as a city building simulation game. It was the last great game of that type. Fortunately, the demo is free and great as well. I bought the full game but find myself playing the content in the demo more than anything.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
They took sim city and merged the sims into it.

I cringed when I read that the new sim city would do away with all the complex stuff like laying pipes, electric and roads.

They totally missed the point of the series.
But its EA, so what do we expect :(

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Caesar 4 wasn't too bad, though a little dull and a major system hog. Very pretty game though.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I will never buy another EA product again, theyve ruined theme park, sim city, they have failed to build upon the sims franchise as the sims 2 is just ths sims in 3d with more options than i care to bother with, theyve wrecked c&c too. Im actually done with EA, i can take so much, but ill never buy another game with the EA logo again, theyve just trashed too many of my favourite game series's, im sick of it.

The day (if it ever comes) that EA gets a hold of valve and blizzard and maybe relic too, i will completely quit gaming and find a new hobby, no joke.

Nightmare225

Golden Member
May 20, 2006
But hey, we have Spore to look forward to. It looks much more fun and complex than Simcity could ever become. :)

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Soviet
I will never buy another EA product again, theyve ruined theme park, sim city, they have failed to build upon the sims franchise as the sims 2 is just ths sims in 3d with more options than i care to bother with, theyve wrecked c&c too. Im actually done with EA, i can take so much, but ill never buy another game with the EA logo again, theyve just trashed too many of my favourite game series's, im sick of it.

The day (if it ever comes) that EA gets a hold of valve and blizzard and maybe relic too, i will completely quit gaming and find a new hobby, no joke.

:( but true

gizbug

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Pollock
Saw it for $25 to preorder for Toys R Us, and I figured that couldn't be a bad deal, even if it doesn't end up being so great. What does everyone think of it?

low expectations, definitely passing on this title.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Looks like a ripoff of City Life, which isn't really a great game to begin with. I think I'll save my 25 dollars.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Captain Howdy
Looks like a ripoff of City Life, which isn't really a great game to begin with. I think I'll save my 25 dollars.

Theres a successor to city life coming out. Apparently it will address the issues of the first one, i never played the first one but when city life 2 or city life unlimited or whatever its called comes out its probably gonna be worth checking out a review or two since the simcity franchise is pretty much dead at the moment.

Didnt they only recently announce simcity societies?? Either times gona by really fast for me or its had a very short development time.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I thought EA did a good job at pro-longing the life of C&C.

As for this game - I expect nothing more than point / click and done.