Silicon Valley Salary fixing conspiracy going to court in May

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Heaven forbid corporations try to make money.

On the broken backs of engineers?!!! You friggin bastard!! Engineers are the ones that create EVERY MOTHER FUCKING THING in your little world. WE think it up, we design it, without us, you would be shitting in a hole and catching fish with your hands.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
By corrupt and illegal practices. Finished your thought there, you should preview before you hit the submit button. It can be a great help in avoiding idiotic posts.

Have you guys not learned that the posts he/she posts are 100% sarcasm by now? LOL.

Feb 6, 2007
What exactly is schneiderguy arguing here? That price fixing should be legal because you have the option of starting your own tech corporation and competing with a collusion of Apple, Google, Adobe and every other Silicon Valley tech company? Or that you should train as an engineer because it's a good job, but if all the companies who hire engineers happen to be engaged in an illegal scheme to fix wages you should give up and become a rice farmer? Or is it that as long as wages are above a certain amount, it shouldn't matter if they're the result of illegal collusion because you can live on that much money and, frankly, it's probably more than you deserve? That's Eric Schmidt's money you greedy fuck.

I'm so confused.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
I can't believe this is going to trial. All the messages and people spilling the beans you think they would settle.

Either that or they guess they will pull a exxon and keep it in the courts so long they make it back in dragging it out a decade or so.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Capitalism, if left to it's own devices, would naturally form a single large monopoly over all industries. Also, a single overarching union would naturally rise up to oppose capital in such a case. In the end, the situation would be nothing more than that of a monarch fighting his peasants. People who espouse capitalism would do well to remember that the only reason capitalism works so well is that it is prevented from fully doing what it wants. It has to be kept at a state of maximum competition, not maximum freedom. Maximum freedom quickly leads to no freedom as the singular winner of those freely contested contests will immediately turn around and use his new won power to disabuse all the losers.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
If nothing else, this is a useful wake up call to my fellow software developers that our industry is not the meritocratic utopia that we all wish it was.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
If nothing else, this is a useful wake up call to my fellow software developers that our industry is not the meritocratic utopia that we all wish it was.

You mean alot of people on this site who claim they are so smart and earned everything in their lives through their hard work on their own might be delusional?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

I think if all us software engineers got together and formed a union, we could rule the world. We could crush the rest of civilization like worms. The name of our union would be *RON!

*Revenge Of the Nerds