Silicon Power SSDs 240GB Amazon FS with Prime - 67.99

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
It's nice to see SSD pricing coming back down again.

I couldn't find any reviews on the drives since they they switched them over to 3D NAND, but here is the drive this one replaced:

https://www.eteknix.com/silicon-power-slim-s55-240gb-solid-state-drive-review/9/

On sale, this looks like a good deal on a budget drive. Although with SLC cache and the controller used, I would recommend to go with the 240GB or the 480GB version for the best performance. The lower capacity drives (especially the 60GB and 120GB versions) would suffer in performance more than the larger capacities.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
The Team Group L5 Lite 3D NAND SSDs at Newegg are ones to watch too, they have similar pricing to that, often on sale, and not too long ago, the 120GB was $40 (still is, but sold out), and the 240GB has been $60 or $64, and the 480GB was as low as $100.

I don't know much about them, and their specs seem slightly de-tuned on purpose, or they're just kind of sandbagging the specs, but they have good reviews at Newegg, no real reliability issues that I've seen thus far in reviews.

I'm hoping to get a few 480GB models soon to play with, might upgrade a friend's machine that's been running on a 128GB SSD for a few years now. (Friend doesn't download much, I guess.)

Reactions: PliotronX