Silent, Peaceful Non Trump Supporters Being Booted From Rally

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013
But there is a law that prevents discrimination based on religion. So banning muslims because they are muslims is illegal. Making muslims register in a database is illegal.

Discrimination based upon religion is illegal.

Also, if you exchange muslim for jew, its pretty scary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

As far as deporting illegal aliens, that is an entirely different subject that Im not entirely opposed to regardless of their religion.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
But there is a law that prevents discrimination based on religion. So banning muslims because they are muslims is illegal. Making muslims register in a database is illegal.

Discrimination based upon religion is illegal.

Also, if you exchange muslim for jew, its pretty scary.

As far as deporting illegal aliens, that is an entirely different subject that Im not entirely opposed to regardless of their religion.

Those laws apply to certain actions, such as no discrimination in employment, or being refused service in a public restaurant etc.

The Constitution gives the power over immigration etc to Congress. It appears they can discriminate if they like.

Here's a list of anti discrimination laws I found. Nothing barring religious discrimination in matters of immigration that I could find:

http://archive.adl.org/religious_freedom/resource_kit/federal_laws_statute_prohibit.html

Fern

Watwatwat

Nov 10, 2014
This is more a reflection on Trump supporters' need to keep any opposition out.

You mean how like the silicon valley left do so with their social media "safe spaces"?;)

I've noticed this at countless speeches and rallies, the incredibly disruptive protesters are from the left, There are no republicans smearing period blood on their faces at Hillary rallies, so lets not pretend there is any equivalence here.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
There's no law or Constitutional requirement that dictates the US accept immigrants of a certain religion, especially when that religion's adherents are killing and maiming their way through civilized society with no end in sight.

Um ... there's the First Amendment which says we can't make laws that dictate different rights/treatment based on religion.

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013
Those laws apply to certain actions, such as no discrimination in employment, or being refused service in a public restaurant etc.

The Constitution gives the power over immigration etc to Congress. It appears they can discriminate if they like.

Here's a list of anti discrimination laws I found. Nothing barring religious discrimination in matters of immigration that I could find:

http://archive.adl.org/religious_freedom/resource_kit/federal_laws_statute_prohibit.html

Fern

Yeah but im not talking about immigration at all. I tried to make that clear but I guess not.
But if I was, I think Title 6 would cover immigration.

and
"I believe Trump's unprecedented proposal would violate our Constitution," said Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe. "Both the First Amendment's Religion Clauses and the equality dimension of the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment."

Cornell Law professor Michael Dorf said that while U.S. policy "routinely applies different immigration rules for nationals of different countries," Trump's proposal to only exclude "foreign nationals who are Muslim" would likely be "unconstitutional."

Stanford Law professor Jenny Martinez said "Excluding all people of a particular religion from entering the country on the sole basis of their religion would, in my view, clearly violate the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection."
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...-weigh-donald-trumps-plan-ban-muslims-n476041

ALSO, this txt is in the link YOU provided.
http://archive.adl.org/religious_fre..._prohibit.html
The Religion Clauses of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution provide: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." The first of the two Clauses, commonly called the Establishment Clause, commands a separation of church and state. The second, the Free Exercise Clause, requires government respect for, and noninterference with, the religious beliefs and practices of our Nation's people. Cutter v. Wilkinson, 544 U.S. 709, 719 (2005)

The Constitution provides that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." Art. VI, cl. 3.

and

18 U.S.C. § 245 makes it unlawful to willfully injure, intimidate or interfere with any person, or to attempt to do so, by force or threat of force, because of that other person's race, color, religion or national origin and because of his/her activity as one of the following:

A student at or applicant for admission to a public school or public college
A participant in a benefit, service, privilege, program, facility or activity provided or administered by a state or local government
An applicant for private or state employment; a private or state employee; a member or applicant for membership in a labor organization or hiring hall; or an applicant for employment through an employment agency, labor organization or hiring hall
A juror or prospective juror in state court
A traveler or user of a facility of interstate commerce or common carrier
A patron of a public accommodation or place of exhibition or entertainment, including hotels, motels, restaurants, lunchrooms, bars, gas stations, theaters, concert halls, sports arenas or stadiums.

I think its highly unlikely that even if it were somehow legal I doubt even the republican congress would go along, and certainly not the democrats.

Pretty much all of Trumps promises are illegal or impossible. Or at best highly improbable.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Meanwhile, a Trump supporter punches a protester at a rally. Says later that next time they should kill him.

Cant wait for one of these Trump assholes to assault someone on the street so they can get killed or get their ass kicked like those KKK shitheads in Anaheim. Then again, they might put their veils back on when they leave the comforts of the Trump rally.

I don't care about Nazi comparisons, I care about how shitty these people are and how the behavior is excused because the anti-trump person shouldn't be there. I don't give a fuck if you like what I have to say or not, if you put your hands on me...you are out of line. Cant wait for one of these dummies to try it without the protection of Trumps goons.

Last edited:

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
You mean how like the silicon valley left do so with their social media "safe spaces"?;)

I've noticed this at countless speeches and rallies, the incredibly disruptive protesters are from the left, There are no republicans smearing period blood on their faces at Hillary rallies, so lets not pretend there is any equivalence here.

But only Trump fans are assaulting people, weird. Hopefully that old fucker spends a lot of time in jail, and then gets sued to poverty.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I wonder how many people went overseas to work for better pay like I did. I went to Singapore. I know for a fact many went to Dubai, Saudi Arabia as it pays better than US jobs.

Would they be still counted in that labor participation rate? Oh and your link doesn't work.

That's a really interesting question. I personally assume that people working out of the country wouldn't be very significant in context but I'd like to know anyway.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I'm generally not very good at these kinds of games but even I can tell that the first photo is people shading their eyes from the sun. You can see the shadows and everything.

Disclaimer: Not supporting Trump or any other candidate.

513917024-people-raise-their-arms-as-republican-presidential_1.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

planetshakers_divulgacao.jpg

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm generally not very good at these kinds of games but even I can tell that the first photo is people shading their eyes from the sun. You can see the shadows and everything.

Disclaimer: Not supporting Trump or any other candidate.

:D:D

Srsly? I only see one person that is accomplishing this and I don't think it is intentional.

However, I'm pretty sure they are not giving the Nazi salute either.