Silent Hunter 4 mission issue

bluestrobe

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2004
I've been playing this game for about 3 weeks now and have a problem. Every mission I go on that has to do with patrolling a certain area I can never get it to end. I make it back to base and everything but the mission status remains incomplete. I've tried staying in the same area for days and sinking several ships and shooting down aircraft until I run out of ammo and torpedoes and still nothing. What is the trigger needed to let the game show the mission sucessfull so I can head back to base without taking the hit on renown?

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Everything I've read says that you should stay within 50 miles of the patrol point for some period of time. I think it was a day or two.

bluestrobe

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2004
Must be a glitch in the game because I spent 4 days sitting still right under the mission star and nothing changed.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Markbnj
Everything I've read says that you should stay within 50 miles of the patrol point for some period of time. I think it was a day or two.

That's the way it was in SHIII, basically you had to spend 24 hours in your specified grid.

I have SHIV but I haven't had any time to play it. I will try to do that tonight and give some feedback to the OP.

bluestrobe

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2004
I love SH3 and the 24hr rule is common on there. I didn't know if it ran by grid or areas on SH4 since the mission star is sometimes right on a grid border as it looks randomly placed.