Silent Hill II

Fistandantilis

Aug 29, 2004
So how is this game anyway, I saw the movie and I wasnt all that impressed. is the game worth playing... is it fun and interesting, or is it boring and dumb?

ATHanks

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I played Silent Hill III, and it was the worst pos I've ever played. Stupid looking monsters, and horrible controls. It was probably the worst console port I've ever seen.

Fistandantilis

Aug 29, 2004
wow that sux, but what is even worse than that is that Silent Hill is the same way.
Oh well, up on the shelf again.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I liked one and two. The movie didn't really "creatively" reveal much story. I think the first 30 minutes of the movie were good....but it flat lined from what it appeared to be a Hollywood hijack. "Just throw blood and boobs around and the crowd will love it".

The movie assumed the audience didn't have a brain. At least the games had some mystery for you to puzzle together. I think SH 3 and The Room would of been good movies, just not games. The makers were trying to cater to the mind rather than the actual fighting and action which the games became devoid of.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
The first Silent Hill was a lot of fun. PS era graphics are good enough to give you an idea, not good enough to keep your imagination from tossing in extra. Very tense. The second one wasn't bad, but it was wayyyy to Dr. Phil for my tastes. The third one introduced instant death traps, FTL.

4 is only part of the series in the sense that it has the name on the box.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Movie = :thumbsdown:

Games on console =:thumbsup: If you like dark dark games.

The games on PC= MEH

I have played them all. Every time I play them I am kinda like, "Well that was weird I think, I'll play some Mario Sunshine for a while....." IF you get the secret endings it can be pretty funny though.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
SH1 was one of very few games that gave me the chills! I remember when I first came up to the collapsed highway, totally freaked me out. Great game. Great play, great atmosphere. Hmmm, now I have the need to dig it out and replay it!