Sikh Store Owner Told To Remove St George Cross

Apr 27, 2012
A Sikh store owner in London, England put the St George flag outside his store and received hate mail. The letter told not him not to support England and said he was forgetting his motherland and his skin colour. He responded by buying more flags and putting them up on the store.

This man is proud to live in England and he did the right thing by putting up the flag. The scum and filth who wrote the letter should leave England if they hate the country so much, they need to face justice. They sound like people who really dont want to integrate and dont respect the country.

The Royal Mail has also decided not to allow their drives to fly the flag which is disgusting, they are being politically correct and dont want to offend anyone with the flag. Hopefully more people fly the flag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ags-gets-mail-said-forgotten-skin-colour.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/9...ngland-flag-St-George-flag-London-shop-latest

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Apr 27, 2012
Probably some of Tommy Robinson's boys were insulted that a Sikh would do such a thing

Did you read the letter? They refer to him as uncle and the shop owner himself suspects it was someone from his community. If you're going to make false allegations like this then show some proof.

alternate earl

May 3, 2018
Did you read the letter? They refer to him as uncle and the shop owner himself suspects it was someone from his community. If you're going to make false allegations like this then show some proof.

Ya, sounds like something Tommy Robinson's boys would come up with

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014

Ah so referring to somebody as “uncle” now means they are without any doubt, Sikh. Got it. Thanks for your (simple minded) observation.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
A Sikh store owner in London, England put the St George flag

What you are saying is that you value patriotic respect and love of country and that people who show respect for the good they are given are themselves worthy of respect. I believe these are worthy conservative moral concerns and I share them, but not slavishly as you do. There are two factors to how I offer respect that you don't seem to value. One is that the object of respect must in fact be worthy of it, and not as a handed down tradition, but as an active fact visible in application, and the other is that it how we represent the respectable via symbols is that it is the thing the symbol stands for and not the symbol itself that is important.

For example, I do not respect Trump as a President because he isn't worthy of respect because he is destructive of the very values I believe make America something I respect, and also that the American Flag stands for individual liberty, including the right to disrespect it. For me, every time a person burns or disrespects an American flag and remains free to do so, America is in good shape. It is people like you who will not honor people's freedom to show disrespect that is the real danger to freedom. In shout, your moral values, while admirable in principle, are at such a low level of understanding that you become the main danger to their actual realization. You are a dangerous fanatic and have no sense of what real morality is. So, you don't have ever to lose the notion that respect is a good thing, it is and always will be, but you need only expand your real understanding of what respect really is. That part you have all wrong. Respectfully, Moonbeam.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I refuse to click any links that you post but from what you have said isn't this the same free speech that you claim to support in the other thread?

So what is it, free speech or just free speech that you agree with?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Don't you worry, London Mayor Sadiq Khan will allow Londoners to fly a new 'flag' they can ALL be proud of, regardless of skin color or heritage!

http://thehill.com/policy/internati...y-trump-blimp-to-fly-over-london-during-visit

efb79b1b40e4b1f77c30f9b975151583.jpeg

Apr 27, 2012
What you are saying is that you value patriotic respect and love of country and that people who show respect for the good they are given are themselves worthy of respect. I believe these are worthy conservative moral concerns and I share them, but not slavishly as you do. There are two factors to how I offer respect that you don't seem to value. One is that the object of respect must in fact be worthy of it, and not as a handed down tradition, but as an active fact visible in application, and the other is that it how we represent the respectable via symbols is that it is the thing the symbol stands for and not the symbol itself that is important.

For example, I do not respect Trump as a President because he isn't worthy of respect because he is destructive of the very values I believe make America something I respect, and also that the American Flag stands for individual liberty, including the right to disrespect it. For me, every time a person burns or disrespects an American flag and remains free to do so, America is in good shape. It is people like you who will not honor people's freedom to show disrespect that is the real danger to freedom. In shout, your moral values, while admirable in principle, are at such a low level of understanding that you become the main danger to their actual realization. You are a dangerous fanatic and have no sense of what real morality is. So, you don't have ever to lose the notion that respect is a good thing, it is and always will be, but you need only expand your real understanding of what respect really is. That part you have all wrong. Respectfully, Moonbeam.

I agree with the bolded. I have never said people can't burn the flag. Liberty means that they can burn the flag or disrespect it in any way. They should always have the right to do this and never be stopped by government but I don't believe that they should be doing this though. The great thing about America is all the freedoms people have which includes unpopular things such as burning the flag. I am not a fanatic and believe that respect is a good thing.