Signs You Might Be Playing Computer Games Too Much...

May 31, 2001
I played the original TRIBES for a couple of years, but have not touched it lately. The sign that I was playing it just a bit TOO much was when I was working on the computer, not even playing TRIBES at the time, and had a cup of hot chocolate next to me. I reached over to grab it without looking, and sloshed some on to my hand. It was still scalding hot, so without thinking I put the burned fingers in my mouth and hit the "H" key on my keyboard. In TRIBES, this would have activated my Health Kit, and given me much needed Healing in a matter of seconds. It does not work on IRL hot chocolate, though. :p

Anyone done anything similar?

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
yes indeed.

whenever watching television or movies, and out comes a gun fight scene, I see myself trying to identify the firearms being used, a la Counter-Strike.

Helpless

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
....when the pizza boxes in front of your door make it impossible to open the door to let the pizza delivery guy in :)

May 31, 2001

<< yes indeed.

whenever watching television or movies, and out comes a gun fight scene, I see myself trying to identify the firearms being used, a la Counter-Strike.
>>

I do that just from IRL experience with firearms. Always fun to see them try and pass off one type of gun as another type. :D I also complain when they use submachinegun sound effects for AK-47's and the like. :p They could hire a consultant for a day to read over their script and check their sounds to make sure they are correct.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I think in addition to your comments about games should be signs you use the computer too much.

I remember doing things IRL like going down in my elevator to the garage and forgetting my car keys. I would think, ok just press control Z and I'll be back upstairs. Too bad life doesn't work that way.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
wow, you truely are into games too much. I have another example. This wasn't me, but if you click on my sig you'll see that someone was a little tooooo into gaming and bored

dannynate~!

Buddhist

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2000
I hate it when you play those games like UO...and you think about &quot;holy crap I almost died when that car ran over me!&quot; and then stop and think to yourself &quot;ehh oh well i just would of have to run to a shrine to get rezzed...i hope noone loots me before i get back&quot;

-M.T.O

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
When you actually go out looking for games that aren't sold in, or no longer sold in the country you live in...

...and find them!

May 31, 2001

<< When you actually go out looking for games that aren't sold in, or no longer sold in the country you live in...

...and find them!
>>

I do that all the time with console games, mainly Imports though. Most PC games take a trip through the Bargain Bin at some point in their lives, so it is not too difficult to keep up with them. I am still trying to find what software package that was that came with WASTELAND on a CD-ROM for PC, though, as well as a bunch of other RPG's.

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
When I sit down at my keyboard (even at work), my fingers automatically fall on:

Pinkie: Left Ctrl or shift
Ring: A
Middle: W
Index: D
Thumb: Space bar

Can you tell I play mostly shooters?:D

Belegost

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2001
Well, I like to walk around saying &quot;I got your back, Red Leader.&quot;

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Wasn't this a thread yesterday?

And last week?

And every week before that?

May 31, 2001

<< Wasn't this a thread yesterday?

And last week?

And every week before that?
>>

How would I know? I just got here today. ;) It will no doubt be brought up by a continuing string of new members that have not seen it either. :p

6TNINE

Banned
Oct 6, 2000
i've been playing B&amp;W so much that when my grandma says she'll give me ten dollars to mow the lawn, i just pick up a rock and bash her head in and take it