Signs Show U.S. Underestimated Iraq War

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
I wonder what CkG has to say...
rolleye.gif

The war in Iraq is a Bushe's Segaway OUT of the White House....

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
So? What does this prove? We underestimated them? Oh no! Let pack up and leave... Spare me...

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
You want my opinion? Hmm... Why?

I haven't read this forum in a while, but from what I can tell, its because you're one of the last few people who post here that were wrong about the Iraq war but still insist that you were right.

Cheers to you! :beer:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
You want my opinion? Hmm... Why?

I haven't read this forum in a while, but from what I can tell, its because you're one of the last few people who post here that were wrong about the Iraq war but still insist that you were right.

Cheers to you! :beer:

I am not wrong about the war in Iraq :p The removal of Saddam was VERY necessary and I supported all reasonable actions which would remove his sorry ass from power- I consider this action that Bush took- reasonable, logical, and very necessary.

PS - see my previous reply - you fit one of those 2 perfectly.:beer:

CkG

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
am not wrong about the war in Iraq The removal of Saddam was VERY necessary and I supported all reasonable actions which would remove his sorry ass from power- I consider this action that Bush took- reasonable, logical, and very necessary.

Yes, it was the right thing to do....
12 fucken years ago.....

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: adlep
am not wrong about the war in Iraq The removal of Saddam was VERY necessary and I supported all reasonable actions which would remove his sorry ass from power- I consider this action that Bush took- reasonable, logical, and very necessary.

12 fucken years ago.....

Very true, and it isn't "right" now because?

CkG

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
No, you see the timing is crtical.
You see back then
We didnt have Osama problem
Shiite Muslims were preparing an uprising against Saddam
Saddam was devastated by our military might
We had a broad support of international community
The Iraqi society wasn't drained out by more than a decade of Economic sanctions/embargo
and continous anti-US propaganda....
etc, etc

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
No, you see the timing is crtical.
You see back then
We didnt have Osama problem
Shiite Muslims were preparing an uprising against Saddam
Saddam was devastated by our military might
We had a broad support of international community
The Iraqi society wasn't drained out by more than a decade of Economic sanctions/embargo
and continous anti-US propaganda....
etc, etc

I see those as more evidence that what Bush did was right and the timing was OK because if left unchecked(as he had been for years) he could have been even more dangerous to us or his neighbors.

CkG

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

12 fucken years ago.....

CkG

because unlike 1992, we don't have international support now???

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: rchiu

12 fucken years ago.....

CkG

says who? - you? Seems to me that we had quite a few countries supporting this action.

CkG

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: rchiu

12 fucken years ago.....

CkG

says who? - you? Seems to me that we had quite a few countries supporting this action.

CkG

Oh so what's Bush doing the other day in UN for? Why was he begging for money and troops from other countries when we have 'quite a few countries supporting this action'?

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001

Yet, there is no broad international support for the US action, especially when compared to the 1991 War.
There are few outlier coutries which do support the war but they can not be expected to seriously contribute to the US war effort....

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Yawn. I'm so sick of talking about Iraq. Right. Wrong. Blah, blah, blah. No one's changing their mind at this point, are they? Please, next topic.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Yet, there is no broad international support for the US action, especially when compared to the 1991 War.
There are few outlier coutries which do support the war but they can not be expected to seriously contribute to the US war effort....

meh - 26 countries isn't much. I suppose if there would have been 27(the 27th being Germany or France) it would have been considered a "broad" coalition though, right?

rchiu - begging? Hardly. Can you please point out where in his speech he was begging for more troops for Iraq? TIA:beer:

CkG