Signing parental consent form for the Marines today.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Originally posted by: Yossarian
so the Marines are allowed to go on the field trip now?

Yup. They can go to fun places like Iran!

and meet nice people with boomsticks!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: MorbidSteve
I'm one step further to joining the Marines. Now we will just have to setup my date for MEPS!
You know if you wait just a couple of more years the Dub won't be President and your chance of surviving the Corps would improve greatly.

Jun 4, 2005
You should blog (ugh) the event. Like, the testing and whatnot. I'm considering joining up (on the canadian side.).

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Originally posted by: LoKe
You should blog (ugh) the event. Like, the testing and whatnot. I'm considering joining up (on the canadian side.).

Why the "ugh" after blog? Do you not like blogs?

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: kogase

I don't like using the term "blog" but I have nothing against them in general. I could have said "Web log" but I doubt half of the readers would understand.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004

I don't like using the term "blog" but I have nothing against them in general. I could have said "Web log" but I doubt half of the readers would understand.

Or ATOT, right? Your personal blog... HAHAHAhahHAHAHAHAHAHA <--- That's a cackle.

EMO.

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
d00d don't do it! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 1/2 years in the AF here
don't do it =\

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: corruptedmage25
i heard from soem ppl that that marines get like a 10K signing bonus?

I'm not sure what the Marines get for sign on bonuses. It would likely depend on the marine equalivalent of AFSC, ie, the actual job. Some careers are critically manned, some have extra people. Critically low career fields get sign on bonuses.

To my knowledge, the Marines have no problems meating their yearly enlistment quotas though. You want massive signon bonus? Look at the Army.

Personally, I love my branch, the US Air Force, 4 years this coming June. :)

alimoalem

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: MorbidSteve
I'm one step further to joining the Marines. Now we will just have to setup my date for MEPS!
You know if you wait just a couple of more years the Dub won't be President and your chance of surviving the Corps would improve greatly.

i'm with Red.

about the person that said they get a signing bonus, yeah, they do, but that's for fight for 2 years. it's up to you to determine whether $10K and a chance at dying is worth it to you.

i have a question, Morbid Steve. your title states "Signing parental consent form for the Marines today" while your original post says "I'm one step further to joining the Marines." does that mean you're signing your own consent form?

all i have left to say is good luck with your decision. make sure to keep all your hair uner 2". try and make private 1st class with your boot camp completion; you'll get a lot more money. and hey, at least you'll start off with a badge for "joining in time of war."

Jun 4, 2005

Or ATOT, right? Your personal blog... HAHAHAhahHAHAHAHAHAHA <--- That's a cackle.

EMO.

You're an idiot. I said I don't like the term, not that I don't like what it signifies. Again, you're an idiot.