Sign Petition against Ashcroft

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
He has voted against affirmative action and anti-discrimination laws, against a crucial AIDS provision, against environmental protections, and has received extraordinarily high ratings and accolades from prominent ultra-conservative groups and institutions like the Christian Coalition and Bob Jones University. Moreover, Mr. Ashcroft's actions regarding the Ronnie White nomination demonstrate a clear lack of integrity.

Wait a minute... Those groups agree with me... So why would I sign a petition against him?

Troll.

Viper GTS

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The more I hear about the guy the better he sounds.

If I'mTyping doesn't like him, he must be just what the country needs.

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hmm. For you to call me a troll because I disagree with you is just plain stupid.

Sometimes people have to make a stand, Viper. You can sling all the mud you want, but that will not change the fact that this man does not represent the majority of the people in this country.

etech: I voted for Reagan (once) and McCain: were they bad for this country?. When you stop parroting the republican platform and start thinking for yourself, you will find that you do not agree with everything they are trying to do to you.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I'm not calling you a troll for making a stand for what you believe, I'm calling you a troll for starting multiple threads on the same topic, for the same purpose - To cause arguments.

Viper GTS

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Congratulations, you are promoting something that will have negligible effect on reality!

Do I agree with every single one of Ashcrofts views? Far from it. But at least he has a damn clue how to do his job, as opposed to that incompetent, corrupt fruitcake Janet Reno.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
I'm Typing,

Your constant posts on the same thing have convinced me that you too are a sore loser.

Bush won. It is his cabinet. Let him get on with the business at hand.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
More ignorant drivel from I'm Typing, imagine that.

A quote from the first line of that link:

<< The position of Attorney General demands that the person who fills it be beyond reproach: a person of integrity and good judgment. >>

My question is, if those groups are so concerned about &quot;integrity and good judgement&quot; why did they not rally against Janet Reno while she was in office? It's obvious that Reno had no integrity (ie: turning a blind eye to Gore's illegal campaing solicitations using US Government offices and equipment, and looking the other way at sending US nuclear secrets to China in exchange for $$) and on many occasions she displayed a complete lack of good judgement (ie: the slaughter of young children in the Waco fiasco). Where was the outrage from these groups?

LOL, what a bunch of hypocrites!!!!!!

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'mTyping stop trying to tell me what I think and what I know. You tried that once before and proved that you knew nothing about the situation and your advice was stupid and ill-conceived. You are doing it again.

I am able to have my own ideas and express my opionins. I do not follow the Republican party line, the great majority of it I agree with, some areas I don't.

What I hate are the democrats who seem to think they know what is best for me and my family without knowing anything about us. I'mTyping is a good example of that type of democrat.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
I'm Typing exposed his pie hole which muttered:

<< You can sling all the mud you want, but that will not change the fact that this man does not represent the majority of the people in this country. >>

LMAO at your ignorant (and hypocritical) self. Since when does &quot;majority rules&quot; become the job description of the Attorney General? Last time I checked the responsibilities include enforcement of law--not public opinion polls. So what you are saying is that if the majority of the US population decided that premeditated murder is OK if the murderer can benefit financially then maybe the AG should insure that no one gets indicted for murder?

Here is a thought I'm Typing, quit towing the Demoncratic party line you helpless little lamb and think for yourself.

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
<< ....you cannot beleive me, because I am a Democrat, and all of us Democrats are cheats and liars. >>
I'm Typing

Too bad scum sucking bottom feeders got left out !!!!

DonaldDuck82

Banned
Sep 14, 2000

<< Mr. Ashcroft's actions regarding the Ronnie White nomination demonstrate a clear lack of integrity >>

you are a propaganda filled idiot who is simply blabbing at the mouth, are you not aware of the Ronnie White case? Ronnie White was an aweful judge who did NOT fight for the law, but for his own worldview as a judge

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Thanks for the link,I'm typing. Keep up the good work;) I signed it and forwarded it to everyone I thought would like to participate.

Don't be shaken form your efforts by these right wing radical wackos. They hate it when you expose republikan dirty deeds.

(They villified Jesus too;))

KarsinTheHutt

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
<<<Ronnie White was an aweful judge who did NOT fight for the law>>>

DonaldDuck,
Care to post a link to back that up? Lets see his decisions and his record before calling him an awful judge.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Since the character and integrity of any given person is ALWAYS inversely proportional to the total number of liberals who stand in opposition and claim otherwise, Ashcroft is clearly a Saint.

Russ, NCNE

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

<< Keep up the good work... >>

Yes DoubleChin, he has done a bang up job of making himself and the rest of the Demoncratic sheep look like the sad little whiners they, and you, are. :)

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
If the same things were posted about Jesse Jackson they would all be in here talking about bad he is. But because Ashcroft is a republican, has certain &quot;physical characteristics&quot;, and believes what they believe his actions are not to be questioned. Maybe thats why there are not many people like myself who post in the OT forums. Maybe they choose not to read the garbage like I do. :(

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000
Give it and your liberal garbage a rest already. It's getting boring and repetitive. He'll make a wonderful AG.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000

<< Since when does &quot;majority rules&quot; become the job description of the Attorney General? Last time I checked the responsibilities include enforcement of law--not public opinion >>

Thats just like this crazy theory the democrats have that the public should be able to decide who should be president. What a ridicoulous idea.

EDIT:

<< Who are you gonna trust? The people, or the government? >>

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
etech: When you stop trying to put words in my mouth, I will stop trying to put words in yours. As far as thoughts in my head go, I know I have thoughts in mine, but nobody knows if you have thoughts in yours. Think about that. If you can.

Russ:

<< Since the character and integrity of any given person is ALWAYS inversely proportional to the total number of liberals who stand in opposition... >>

We &quot;Liberals&quot; also opposed David Duke, Hitler, and George Wallace. Shall we place Ashcroft in this same group of &quot;Saints?&quot;

This is not about being a sore loser. This is about my Freedom to express outrage at an AG that could set civil rights back 40 years in this country. I laugh at you who say liberals are being &quot;sore losers,&quot; when these words are coming out of the same pie holes who complained about Clinton for 8 years. We liberals have not even built a molehill in comparison to the mountain the conservatives have been constructing the last 8 years.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999

<< He is opposed to affirmative action and based on that opposition he helped block a Senate vote on the nomination of Bill Lann Lee as Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights. >>

Woohoo to that. I believe that the business community itself can take care of companies that don't hire equally (men and women/ black, white, etc).

You posted a good link, but I have a few question...

1. Why doesn't this site state why he opposed the things he did? There could have been problems with the bill.

In order to fully understand why someone supported a bill or voted it down you must post the link (or have evidence) that shows their problems or issues with the bill. You can't look at just the bottom line in politics!!

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

<< But because Ashcroft is a republican, has certain &quot;physical characteristics&quot;, and believes what they believe his actions are not to be questioned. >>

Why are you such a race baiting moron Classless?