sigh...... Cant you guys read?

CrazySaint

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Heh, you should have been here when the 1.6A Northwoods came out. Everybody and his uncle (and occasionally his aunt) was asking how to OC their 1.6As.

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: CrazySaint
Heh, you should have been here when the 1.6A Northwoods came out. Everybody and his uncle (and occasionally his aunt) was asking how to OC their 1.6As.

Hehe, I'll second that recollection. ;) I remember the lapping craze too... strange that it hasn't returned, now that Intel CPUs once again have integrated heat spreaders.

Yeti101

Aug 12, 2002
well, the 1600's came out a while ago.... I would think by now EVERYONE would know 5 ways to unlock their chip, the 5 best OC'ing boards.... Instead of wasting valuable forums space :) :p

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
What I don't get is all these posts asking the same question, "Is my stock XP/P4 cooler good enough for my non-OC comp?" You would think that companies like Intel and AMD should know about products they make to equip them with decent coolers. But no, apparently the people asking this question obviously think that Intel and AMD know sh@t about keeping their CPUs alive. :disgust:

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Well this IS the CPU/Processors and Overclocking forum, and the XP 1600 is a hot topic lately, seems reasonable to me.
BTW, you might "read" the FAQ on making a system rig link Mr. angry Intel fanboy. LOL.

jpetermann

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yeti, you are right. Forum space is better for posting a blast about 5 other posts. ;) Some people are just noobs, what can you say?

PJ

Yeti101

Aug 12, 2002
I have nothing agianst XP's, if its a hot topic, good for them.... I'm just saying, why do we need *6* threads now all asking about questions for their XP's, btw.... Mr. rbV5, I see you have a 1600 XP, YOUR ONE OF THEM!! GET HIM!!! :p

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
I have to agree...ppl use search function, as often these questions have been answered like 2 days before and numerous times before that....

To me this cpu forum is rather slow anyways so it doesn't really push topics off.....WE NEED TO GET MORE TO POST IN HERE...I see tons of things in general hardware that could be better served being posted in here....

teqwiz

Sep 8, 2002
The power of advertising! Everyone posted the newegg sale 1600+ for 52.99 and everyone jumped all over that. I bought two myself. Oh the promise of a better tommorrow! I think it's cool, even though I'm not much into OC, I've learned alot of different things from each thread, and comfirmed alot of results comparing different threads that got the same results. Very informative.:D

Yeti101

Aug 12, 2002
hehe, gg.......This thread was just about to go to Page 2 land, but now...... It will probly turn into a Flame War, oh well :)