Siggraph 07

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Well i started a job 2 weeks ago and already they are sending me to a conference. A conference i have no business being at - Siggraph.
I am not a graphics person, i am not a 3d person, not a movie person, not any sort of person that would attend siggraph unless someone else paid for it. Well thats the case as apparently somebody i work with (boss) decided it would be something worth attending.
I even asked if I didnt want to go and was told it was 'mandatory' as it would be 'invaluable'. I went 4 years ago and frankly I had no business being there then. Its only evolved to a place where ILM and other hollywood studios showcase there 3d work and high priced gadgets.
Then on top of not wanting to go i was informed last week **I** would have to make up the difference in cost of hotel and what the fed limit allows as i work at a state institution. So boss booked us rooms at the westin san diego...something like $250 a night and all i get covered is $130 thus I'm stuck with a $500 bill for the four nights we will be there.

So anyone from AT attending this conference for a valid reason?