StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Last edited:

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sure, mine are behaving at home.
Will they have enough work is the only question.

EDIT #1 Right now it is a 5 day deadline on tasks.
EDIT #2 Lots of errors ATM. About a 50-50 good, bad ratio :(

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: StefanR5R

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Hmm, will they have enough work? I would be pleased to join, it's one of the projects that I'm deficient in right now.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Their forum had a couple users mention the issue should be fixed now. I ran some tasks and I have both CurieMarieDock and RXDock tasks validating successfully.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
It seems they updated the validator successfully.

But now their work is in higher demand than either their work generator – or the person which needs to restock the work generator – is prepared for. (graphs)
Edit, certainly some of the demand comes from people who want to bunker for the challenge.

At this time, a contest there still does not make sense, IMO.

Reactions: crashtech

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I was able to get about 2000 tasks yesterday, it wasn't the easiest thing to do. Now it seems like they are about all out.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yep. Unless something changes in the next few days, it's not going to be much of a race for points. More of a race to try to get the few available tasks..

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Somewhat of a bummer, but I don't really have any interest in joining a contest in a project that cannot handle it or is barely keeping up even before the contest.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I'm gonna say we should pass, even though I need to do better at this project as a personal goal.

pututu

Jul 1, 2017
There are now some CurieMarieDock tasks. Grab them while you can.

Note that the task has one day deadline from what I can see.

Last edited:

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
So, do you want me to sign us up or not?

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
There is actually a lot of work available right now. No idea how long it will last, though..

Work
Tasks ready to send117913

I'm going to continue running it with my meager resources whether we're in the race or not, so it doesn't matter to me either way. ;)

Edit: With current team production, we'd be in second place among the teams that have signed up so far, behind Planet 3DNow...

Last edited:

pututu

Jul 1, 2017
I would say no....currently the work is too sporadic, although I love the project!
It seems to be getting better over the past two days with the new research project, corona_PLpro_v2 . Fingers crossed....:rolleyes:
They appear to be releasing the work units in batches. I would say if you have 12 hours of work cache, you should be ok. The task deadline for CMDock is 24 hours..

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
They appear to be releasing the work units in batches. I would say if you have 12 hours of work cache, you should be ok.
I agree; work availability is like during much of January: On most days, new work is generated once or a few times per day (in admin's local time), then this small stash is handed out entirely during the course of the day, and then there are typically no tasks ready to send during the night.

Last time I checked though the limit on tasks in progress was 2 per active logical CPU (counting up to at most 64 CPUs), which is perhaps a ~1.5 h work buffer on middle-of-the-road CPUs. Hence, if you want to contribute 24 hours/day, you have to work around the limits which the admins chose, and certainly had their reasons to choose.

There is actually a lot of work available right now. No idea how long it will last, though..
Yes, yesterday they created about double the work as usual, and so it lasted the whole day, and 1/7th is still left. That is, this is one of the first few days during which they managed to have work all day. But based on the team registrations so far, the contestants will have several times higher computer capacity than what is active now, if not a magnitude higher.

The admins have not commented on the challenge in their message board yet, that is, we don't know what their estimations and plans are.

So, do you want me to sign us up or not?
Personally, I have lost whatever interest I might have had in this challenge.

pipin

Nov 21, 2020
www.planet3dnow.de
The admins have not commented on the challenge in their message board yet, that is, we don't know what their estimations and plans are.

But so far they were able to create enough work, only yesterday there was a gap of an hour.

And the server is a bit weak, but the project is at over 20 TeraFLOPS now.