Sidney Powell’s secret intelligence contractor witness is a pro-Trump podcaster

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
In other words, they're fucking outright lying.

As she asked the U.S. Supreme Court this month to overturn President Trump’s election loss, the attorney Sidney Powell cited testimony from a secret witness presented as a former intelligence contractor with insights on a foreign conspiracy to subvert democracy.

Powell told courts that the witness is an expert who could show that overseas corporations helped shift votes to President-elect Joe Biden. The witness’s identity must be concealed from the public, Powell has said, to protect her “reputation, professional career and personal safety.”
The Washington Post identified the witness by determining that portions of her affidavit match, sometimes verbatim, a blog post that the pro-Trump podcaster Terpsichore Maras-Lindeman published in November 2019. In an interview, Maras-Lindeman confirmed that she wrote the affidavit and said she viewed it as her contribution to a fight against the theft of the election.

“This is everybody’s duty,” she said. “It’s just not fair.”
In a recent civil fraud case, attorneys for the state of North Dakota said that Maras-Lindeman falsely claimed to be a medical doctor and to have both a PhD and an MBA. They said she used multiple aliases and social security numbers and created exaggerated online résumés as part of what they called “a persistent effort . . . to deceive others.”

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Oh Sidney. Did you let Trump rawdog you some years back? Has it eaten away your brain too?

190807195359-green-shirt-guy-exlarge-169.jpg

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Powell knows what she's doing. She never even examined the bona fides of her witnesses. Her job is to create an illusion of confusion & doubt strong enough for Trump to hold on to power, somehow, some way. It's also her job to keep Trump convinced that he can do it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ants milk aphids. To milk people you just need to offer them a group and call the members special. Republicans, it turns out, have special needs, as do the retarded. Retardation can be mental or emotional. In either case they are easily milked......needy and gullible. Born to be gods but soon turned into needy nobodies. So much pain.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Ants milk aphids. To milk people you just need to offer them a group and call the members special. Republicans, it turns out, have special needs, as do the retarded. Retardation can be mental or emotional. In either case they are easily milked......needy and gullible. Born to be gods but soon turned into needy nobodies. So much pain.
It's an insult to people with retardation being compared to pro-Trump Republicans.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Powell knows what she's doing. She never even examined the bona fides of her witnesses. Her job is to create an illusion of confusion & doubt strong enough for Trump to hold on to power, somehow, some way. It's also her job to keep Trump convinced that he can do it.
I can't see how she won't eventually be the laughingstock and sooner rather than later. She's been saying for weeks now that "tons" of evidence is "coming in", so much she was having trouble recording/processing all of it. All of the desperate trump-tards were looking at her as the last chance desperado "ace in the hole" the trump campaign had left. Guess what losers, your "kraken" is a worthless shit-spewing old sowbag and you got taken in by all of it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Nov 17, 2019
Staff isn't even letting the KrakenPot talk to the crackpot:

In an exclusive interview, lawyer Powell said she'd been blocked from contacting the president. Her account portrays a White House riven by feuding and finger-pointing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I can't see how she won't eventually be the laughingstock and sooner rather than later. She's been saying for weeks now that "tons" of evidence is "coming in", so much she was having trouble recording/processing all of it. All of the desperate trump-tards were looking at her as the last chance desperado "ace in the hole" the trump campaign had left. Guess what losers, your "kraken" is a worthless shit-spewing old sowbag and you got taken in by all of it.

She doesn't care. There are many handsome livings made from milking right wing delusionists. She's being paid by somebody as we type.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Staff isn't even letting the KrakenPot talk to the crackpot:

Sidney Powell Would Fight for Trump—But His Aides Won't Let Her, She Says

In an exclusive interview, lawyer Powell said she'd been blocked from contacting the president. Her account portrays a White House riven by feuding and finger-pointing.

Imagine being Jeffrey Rosen, Trump's new AG. Yowzer. Trump can't appoint a special counsel himself. He needs an AG to do it for him. We may see something like Nixon's Saturday night massacre.

Reactions: hal2kilo

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
She doesn't care. There are many handsome livings made from milking right wing delusionists. She's being paid by somebody as we type.
Yea, no doubt, I saw one vid in where a trump supporter had said he emptied his kids collage fund just to send into "election defense fund", over $200 million raised, the stupid is strong in these deluded people.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's an insult to people with retardation being compared to pro-Trump Republicans.
Personally I thought I was distinguishing one from the other rather than comparing them. Seems to me you are being protective of people who suffer abuse because of a mental handicap. I was suggesting that isn't the only handicap that the cunning and abusive take advantage of. I think the underlying assumption you are making is that people who are emotionally handicapped are somehow to blame for that they personally caused their own emotional retardation. Can you offer any evidence to support the notion that authoritarianism running in families is the fault of the children? I admire your protectiveness of the mentally handicapped. I just think your condemnation of the emotionally handicapped is the result of your own having been abused by them. I think the abused become abusers and that more abuse isn't the way to break that cycle. And if you can't do that why would you expect it of anybody else?

Make no mistake here. I can't do it. But I see that I can't against all other wishes.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
All of their "best people" were found hiding under rocks (use your imagination to determine what kind of rocks they were). :p

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

It is to convince Republicans that a coup already occurred, so they will fully endorse performing a counter coup to "defend" themselves. The 2016 Republican cry of "Fake News" ultimately leads to "Fake Votes" and an attempt to overthrow our Democracy. They want to rally enough support to accomplish this goal. I repeat, they are attempting a crime beyond measure and the lies are in service to it.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Imagine being Jeffrey Rosen, Trump's new AG. Yowzer. Trump can't appoint a special counsel himself. He needs an AG to do it for him. We may see something like Nixon's Saturday night massacre.

I wonder if he'd actually do it. Even if you're a Trump loyalist, you might question the effort involved for a dubious investigation during a job that will likely last just a few weeks. What's the worst Trump can do, fire you? All you'd have to do is pretend that it's taking a while to start and punch out on January 20th.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Yea, no doubt, I saw one vid in where a trump supporter had said he emptied his kids collage fund just to send into "election defense fund", over $200 million raised, the stupid is strong in these deluded people.
At first I thought this was a typo. Then I realized a Trumper probably would create a fund for colored paper for his kids and still think he was providing for their future.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Personally I thought I was distinguishing one from the other rather than comparing them. Seems to me you are being protective of people who suffer abuse because of a mental handicap. I was suggesting that isn't the only handicap that the cunning and abusive take advantage of. I think the underlying assumption you are making is that people who are emotionally handicapped are somehow to blame for that they personally caused their own emotional retardation. Can you offer any evidence to support the notion that authoritarianism running in families is the fault of the children? I admire your protectiveness of the mentally handicapped. I just think your condemnation of the emotionally handicapped is the result of your own having been abused by them. I think the abused become abusers and that more abuse isn't the way to break that cycle. And if you can't do that why would you expect it of anybody else?

Make no mistake here. I can't do it. But I see that I can't against all other wishes.
My comment was meant to be facetious, but I now realize it came across as passive aggressive towards you. For that, I apologize.

But in a nutshell, my point is that mental handicap is an inherent condition where as willful ignorance of pro-Trump Republicans is a choice.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My comment was meant to be facetious, but I now realize it came across as passive aggressive towards you. For that, I apologize.

But in a nutshell, my point is that mental handicap is an inherent condition where as willful ignorance of pro-Trump Republicans is a choice.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness in reflection. I have long been aware that I tend to take offense at anything and everything, that I am in a hyper state of ego defense. I see this as an involuntary response I attribute to my belief that I hate myself. I simply project onto everything my own unconscious feelings. This, in other words, all happens because I am emotionally retarded.

Now as a person who values reason but is aware of this completely irrational side of myself, the side that is very much the real me and not the me I would prefer to be, what options do I have to aspire in that direction. The best I can see is to observe and to not feed more negativity to how I react. Not to feed this process of self condemnation. The problem is that not only do I hate myself, but I hate myself for hating myself. And all of this happens via thinking, thinking a bout previous thinking, an endless downward spiraling loop.

So the thing I was trying to suggest to you is that when I see the insanity of Republicans, the utterly irrational nature, my contempt for them, if I’m halfway awake to what is happening, I can see is just my contempt for the part of me that IS them. Now if I am going to say they chose to be that way and condemn them for it I will have to include myself in that.

My post to you, then, was to try to suggest to you not to do that. If you are like me, and I believe we are all the same, you could take my suggestion as criticism and I hope you don’t. I believe when we blame others for faults we blame ourselves and doing so makes it hard to forgive. It is hard to let go of our anger, at least it is for me.