Shuttle XPC - Replacement Motherboard

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by ravana, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ravana

ravana Platinum Member

I've had a Shuttle SK22G2 since about 2007 & been running ubuntu/kubuntu on it.

Around the time I installed 9.10, I noticed that my keyboard/mouse would suddenly stop working. I think it's the USB controller going out.

The SK22G2 isn't made anymore, is there any replacement board that will fit this case, that I can swap the components with?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Shuttle Replacement Motherboard Forum Date
    Recommend me a Shuttle replacement! SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Feb 7, 2007
    Replacement "Accessories" for Shuttle SK41G? SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Jan 23, 2006
    Replacement mobo for Shuttle SN41G? SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Jul 12, 2005
    Need Replacement power supply for Shuttle SK83G SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Apr 6, 2005
    Shuttle SN45G replacement exhaust fan... what to get?? SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Mar 22, 2005

3. TimeKeeper

TimeKeeper Diamond Member

Size-wise, most of mini-itx mobo should fit into the case. ( check newegg for selection)
    Position-wise, it is hard to determine if the CPU heatpipe HSF will position at exact location.

4. ravana

ravana Platinum Member

Thanks for the suggestion TimeKeeper, I will do some research over the weekend and figure out which ones are a fit for the case. Hopefully this will not be TOO expensive of an endeavour!

5. IlllI

IlllI Diamond Member

i think shuttle will sell you a replacement on some models. but from what i recall they are pretty expensive.

6. Aluvus

Aluvus Platinum Member

The mounting points for the motherboard are different from any real standard, although the case is physically large enough for a Mini-ITX motherboard.

Any motherboard from Shuttle's *G2 series should fit the case. For Socket AM2, you could probably use the motherboard from the SA76G2 or SN68SG2.

Shuttle doesn't generally like to sell their proprietary-form-factor motherboards without a case, although they sometimes have refurbs on their official eBay store (and other eBay sellers have used boards).